Mental Support Community

LET'S DISCUSS! Hobbies

Proverbs31:28

Referencing an earlier post, I too like to sing, cook and sew. Although I haven't sewn in a couple of years because I burned myself out making purses and curtains a few years ago. I took up crocheting after that and burned myself out on it too! I am a terrible cook but I like doing it. My sister and I make Sunday dinner every week.

• 1 month later...
Guest GingerSnap

I have lots of hobbies. I started crocheting in high school about 30 years ago. I especially like thread crochet and the old time patterns. I have many projects started. My son with DS and I both started working on those plastic looms that make a knitted fabric and he loves it and has made blankets. If I live to be 100, I would still not have time to finish all the projects I want to complete.

• 3 months later...

Published? Only if you want to count internet web pages, lol. It's fun, though. It's a good way to release emotions.

Speaking of drawing, my daughter is an amazing artist. My avatar is one of her charcoal drawings of a meerkat. I can't draw or paint, though. Not sure where the talent comes from.

• 8 years later...

Hobby 

Film making 

I have read the film making for dummies book which is the best book you can read on film.making done 3 film making courses ( Film making 101, advanced and intermediate ) 

In those courses I did a film called you ( tho I wanted it be called Spooked but got out voted ) 

I have also done Film4s scene stealers ( arm amputation scene from 127 hours ) look for it on YouTube 

I also watched like a million times the film Hugo

I am not bored with this hobby as I find it fascinating and interesting. There is nothing I dislike about it. :)