Mental Support Community

Coping Methods?

smallstar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok so me, the new guy, copes in a different way... I have a mental warehouse. It's both a good thing and a bad thing. It keeps me functional but it also hides some stuff that should never come out. I have to meditate a lot to keep it organized. Think of it this way. I imagine a warehouse and have a section for emotions, peoples, events, etc. Each item has a box, door, or a trunk. Then depending on who or what it is the box is decorated accordingly. For example the stuff that pertains to my son are in a box decorated with trains (he loves them). Everyday I have to organize it all or it will be a rough day. Morning and at night. I need to put stuff up from the day or else it can linger and get bad. The down side is if a box opens and I don't get it closed and it has a lot of anguish associated with it then it takes over. It's kinda hard to fully explain without specific questions. It was the only thing in 10yrs that got me functional again.

• 1 month later...

I have what I like to call my "zone" of reading, writing to vent out my feelings, listening to music, playing video games, and watching old TV shows that take me back to when I was a kid and the abuse hadn't got so bad yet. If something is really getting to me, I find comfort in food or masturbate.

How do you mean a smaller level tmays?

Just meant I was good at helping others before too, but it does not sound like i was as sought out as you guys were :)

Hope you are well and ready for the holidays!

I only do my TEA forms a few days a week now and can't believe how my life has changed. Just about four years ago I thought I was beyond help and going to on med the rest of my life.

• 8 months later...

Just meant I was good at helping others before too, but it does not sound like i was as sought out as you guys were :)

Hope you are well and ready for the holidays!

I only do my TEA forms a few days a week now and can't believe how my life has changed. Just about four years ago I thought I was beyond help and going to on med the rest of my life.

Well put Tmays and so good to see the forum back. I am still doing my TEA forms several days a week but feel like they are my new natural way of thinking now :)

• 5 months later...