Mental Support Community

Ready to start searching

Jetliner

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey John ,

The search is well worth it . My experience was that a incredible amount of peace came for meeting my biologial family .

However, it was bittersweet. All my brothers had drug and viloent past histories, been in prison and out on paroloe , one was not supposed to leave the state , but did anyhow. Bio mother has a huge drinking problem , and SO things started to become much clearer as to what happened in the past .

Despite all this, I am still very glad I was able to meet them . glad how things turned out.

i hope that you will be sucessful , and it will be a wonderful experience for you.

You will find that their are many people , biologically , especially now that you are an adult.

In my case I was thankful to not have been raised by my BIO parents , they were young, had 5 babies all close in age, and my bio father had a rap sheet.

Made me apreciate the fact social services intervened . However , I was never adopted, this is a very different story .

When I think of a baby being adopted , it is out of love for the bio parent. The mother may have been too young , and gave her infant the best chance of life to a loving family. I also believe the mother never ever stops loving her infant , and probably thinks about that day often. It is a selfless act of pure love .

As a single mother , the bond between newborn and mother is powerful . I know for a fact the mother had to do this , and it was the most difficult thing for her to do in her life .

i hope the best for you, and this turns out well. I support you 100% .

mscat

John,

I have goosebumps reading what is happening ... WOW , everything is coming together rapidly for you. It was like a dream for me, an unreal feeling when I first met my birth parents and saw my brothers. Esp. my father, we were both stunned.

I hope this is a great and fullfilling experience for you . I am excited for you ! You will learn so much about yourself and background , that it is going to be overwhelming at first.

I could not stop myself from staring at my biological mother.... it was so cool .

Mary is a great name for a mother. All bible names , ironic.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi John,

Sorry, but I have been away and have just returned to the community. Anyway, there is something I am unclear about: have you met your mother, as yet, or are you planning to? That is the natural next step and the most difficult.

This is very exciting news and I want to encourage you to live it to the fullest. Meet all the people you can who are from your pre adoption past. Ask lots of questions. It will be hard, very hard, but, very exciting, as well.

Allan :)

John, this is just what all this space is here for! People discovering new things about themselves. And it's really great to read some good news, sometimes.

And of course, this is enormous for you. We've got things covered while you try to incorporate all these new ideas, all at once.

John,

In no way you need to apoligize ! personally experiencing meeting my biological family after over 35 years , I can relate very well as to what you may be going through. I am on the edge of my seat reading your posts , and what you have discovered.

Something to keep in mind is that some of your biological family may know much more about your circumstances then your aware of. Meaning, the aunt of yours , she might be very well aware that you are not far .. Family secrets , could be there in your history. It is only a thought . I understand that you are not ready to call the aunt , a letter might open the doors to communication.

If your feeling that things are moving way too fast , then it is ok to take your time , step back , and let this all sink in fist. What you have learned and discovered so far. Allow yourself time if you need to , before making anymore decisions .

I know that this is overwhelming , and exciting too. But , you need to take care of yourself , emotionally first.

Archived