Mental Support Community

Looking for something to read ...

archyb

Anybody have any reading suggestions for "filling the hole inside"? I've come to believe that the real me is wounded and in hiding, while my brain tries to live my life and function in the world. I need to slowly rediscover and build up the real me. I don't think it's an inner child thing either... It's something else...

Hi archyb

Sorry to say I don't but I thought I'd just let you know you're not being ignored. It's a bit hard to quite know how it is for you from what you say but it sounds very unsatisfactory. Hope you get some sympathetic and useful suggestions too. If I get any ideas I'll come back to you.

Wishing you well

Sam

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Anybody have any reading suggestions for "filling the hole inside"? I've come to believe that the real me is wounded and in hiding, while my brain tries to live my life and function in the world. I need to slowly rediscover and build up the real me. I don't think it's an inner child thing either... It's something else...

"Conflict and Resolution"...I forgot the Author

"I'm ok!,Your OK!" by Dr. Thomas Harris

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand the feelings you describe. Allan on here kindly recommended "The Feeling Good Handbook". I've just started so can't vouch for it completely myself but it seems ok so far. Hope you find what works for you :)

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone interested, NAMI,

The National Alliance of Mental Health, has support groups.

This is a URL to their Principles of Support

http://www.nami.org/Content/NavigationMenu/Find_Support/Programs_and_Services/Consumer_Education_and_Support/NAMI_CARE/Principles_of_Support.htm

I like them, maybe someone else would.

Have a good day, everyone.

loves and hugs

katleen

Archived