Mental Support Community

Am I A Potential Psychopath?

confusedboy16

I'm going to sum everything up:

- I have a few fetishes, I like men's feet. I also like to be tied up. I'm also sexually attracted to types of clothing.

- Sometimes I get sexual over the strangest things.

- I've hurt my cat's -- I squeeze them?

- I'm socially un-confident.

- I have really nasty thoughts, like suffocating my dog?

- I'm sure I get sexually attracted from the thought of having another sibling? I know, it's weird.

- I get thoughts about hurting children.

- I don't think I love, I don't think I ever could. I love my mum, and family; but, I can't see myself in a relationship? Who's gonna want a freak like me?

- I sometimes excessively masturbate.

Maybe I should just give up? I don't understand. I wake up every day thinking about these things, and, I try to justify them - to reassure myself, but the thoughts and images keep coming back.

Hi Nathan,

It seems, based on many, many, many posts by you and numerous others on the forum, that you're still struggling with these thoughts. There have been numerous solid recommendations made to you by many of us (see a professional, call the police regarding your fears of having seen a certain picture, do thought stopping exercises, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.) and you have not followed through consistently over the months.

To be honest Nathan (and I say this with the deepest compassion, sensitivity and understanding), none of us can help you, you'll need to act on those numerous suggestions made by folks on the forum before you'll see any improvements. Talking to us, writing in daily, pulling others into your obsessional thinking, all of this only postpones the inevitable--- seeing someone professionally. It also maintains/reinforces and solidifies your ruminations and deepens their hold on you. The longer you postpone seeking help and/or implementing the solid recommendations, the worse your condition will become and over the years, the more it will create dysfunction in your life as they will dominate your psyche.

My recommendation is that you go back to all of the suggestions given and implement those you can.

Secondly, my hope is that others will not continue to respond to your posts or threads until you can describe which suggestions you implemented and what outcomes came out of them. This will hopefully force you to act on your own best interest-- writing in daily, asking for help and reassurance cannot replace real help, face-to-face, with a professional. If you can't see a professional, talking to us daily will not truly help you, it only seems to decrease your anxieties and ruminations for a short period (sort of like using a cigarette to relax).

Please Nathan, you need to act on what has been suggested by countless folks. My sense is that you will go to another forum, as you have before, and get your "fix" there as opposed to really making an effort to work thru this. We all want you to get better and feel better about yourself and the only way this will happen is if you make the changes. Please understand where I'm coming from-- my heart goes out to you and I feel extremely calloused in saying this, but I believe in my heart that this is for the better.

Again, I say this with great compassion and sensitivity and not to be mean spirited and calloused.

Good luck Nathan and please seek help outside of these types of forums or implement the recommendations suggested by many here,

David

Archived