Mental Support Community

Obbsesion with celebrity.

confusedboy16

So, I have what I think is an "obession", with British Soul Singer, Beverley Knight. I just love her music, and think she's great. I constantly listen to her music, like, everyday. I have all her singles and albums, and I talk about her quite alot. Does this mean I'm obsessed? Should I seek help? I ask this because someone told me I might try and kill her as I'm "too obsessed."

Hi Nathan :D

Beverley Knight is pretty cool. I enjoy her music too. Just coz you listen to her music all the time does not mean you are obsessed. I can go through phrases of listening to one particular artist a lot, and collecting there albums, this dosnt mean Im obsessed, just that I enjoy that particular style of music. In time I move onto a different artist or style of music, think it depends on my mood.

Who told you, that you might try and kill her, because you are too obsessed ?

Take care

Well, and just as importantly, have you had even the slightest desire to harm her? I'm guessing not; it was just something stupid someone said. Please don't dwell on it. You don't seem like the killer type.

The sort of person who stalks a celebrity, or kills them, is dealing with obsession plus something else, that makes them take the actions they do. Listening to their music a lot just means you like it.

I agree with Malign. I wouldn't worry unless you're thinking harmful things. It's also not that unusual for someone your age to have an "obsession" with a celebrity. But here's a really important question.....Do you think it's a problem? Does your interest in Beverley concern you in any way?

When it may become a concern is if it totally encompasses your life to the exclusion of friends/family/school/interests. Do you see yourself in that statement at all?

If you're comfortable, tell us more about you and help us get to know you. What are the other things that you enjoy.

Naaa, you just love everything about her. ;) Just enjoy the feeling while it lasts.

I had an obsession with Leonard Cohen for quite a few years. I loved his music and played it constantly. His MUSIC is quite addictive. I wanted to know everything about him and watched him on You tube and on the telly whenever he was on. I kind of felt like we were soul mates eventhough he is quite a bit older than I am.

I think it might be like that for you cb16. I wouldn't worry about it or read all kinds of bad things into it.

Actually I have never heard of Beverly Knight. I'll see if I can find and listen to her on YT. I may have heard her but it just doesn't ring a bell.

Sweet Sue: Thank you, she's great. Are you from the UK then? Thank you for your help.

Malign: As I have some form of OCD I have had thoughts about hurting her, but they disqust me. I have thoughts about hurting many people, people I know and others I don't.

Danni: Thanks for the advice, it hasn't totally encompassed my life -- yet!

Hermitt: Again, thank you for the help. Beverley Knight is great, she's very underrated. Not many people know who she is. I had the pleasure of seeing her live at the Royal Albert Hall last week, she was amazing! Seriously. She's one of those singers who needs to be seen to be believed. Much better than Beyonce and Gaga. Are you from the UK?

Hermitt: That's probably why you haven't heard of Beverley, she's great, though. Very underrated in the UK. I would say she's one of the worlds greatest Soul singers -- but then again, I'm biast. Wow, that guy was the Dad in Malcolm in the Middle?

Sue: Ah, I thought you were probably American. Where abouts? I live in Hertfordshire, so not too far from London. Hehe, she was amazing! Seriously, if you ever get the chance to see her, do! She's 1 million times better live. My week has been ok, how about yours?

Oh I wish I was in America, :(

I live in York,

I used to work in Hertforshire in a nursing home, years ago :o

I know, Beverly Knight is excellent, If I ever got the chance I most deffinately would go :)

My week has been different - cant grumblee (once I start I dont stop :))

Cant you sleep hun ?

nah Im no good at the whole sleep thingy, thats why Im always up at Ridiculous O'clock :)

If Im lucky I manage a couple of hours a day, my body is used to it these days.

So what do you do for hobbies ? You know to keep occupied while you cant sleep and like everyone else is ?

Hermitt: That's probably why you haven't heard of Beverley, she's great, though. Very underrated in the UK. I would say she's one of the worlds greatest Soul singers -- but then again, I'm biast. Wow, that guy was the Dad in Malcolm in the Middle?

Sue: Ah, I thought you were probably American. Where abouts? I live in Hertfordshire, so not too far from London. Hehe, she was amazing! Seriously, if you ever get the chance to see her, do! She's 1 million times better live. My week has been ok, how about yours?

I left the Wiki link for him but looks like it got deleted.:)

Nope, the link is active in your previous post, Hermitt. But only the name 'Bryan Cranston' is visible.

We won't usually remove a link unless it's spammish or offensive, and we usually leave a note if we did change something. It's part of making everybody here feel safe.

Archived