Mental Support Community

Mystery Novels

Guest ASchwartz

Guest ASchwartz

Do you like reading mystery novels? If you do, I have three books that I am recommending because:

1. They are exciting and

2. Because Child Abuse is a major theme.

The books are by Stieg Larsson. The three novels follow in sequence and should be read in order but that is not a must and each is complete in and of itself. Here are the three:

1. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

2. The Girl Who Played With Fire

3. The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest

You have to read a while in order to get into them but, once in, hold on, they are exciting.

The last is the most recent and is not yet available in paper back and therefore, more expensive, although you can find all three in the public library where you live.

Allan:)

Guest ASchwartz

Hi,

I agree with Danni, but of course, I recommended the books in the first place.:)

Anyway, I want to clarify something about all three books: They are not only the story of abuse against women, they are also about women being strong, fighting back and taking control.

I hope all of you read the series and discuss your reactions.

Allan:)

I liked the first book, but then in the end the detective had a major role in the book and I was like ? I mean girl had several issues, never trusted anyone, but after that detective just barged in her house while she wasn't waiting or wanting it, said a few brief remarks and, what, the girl fell for him? Yeah, right... Otherwise it was quite entertaining read, especially since we first knew nothing of the clause, and to seek everything from few photographies and even to find that one couple that were on the island only visiting was great. And to actually solve the mystery in one year.

As well I liked how she dealt with her supervisor/consultant person problem. That was brutal (and illegal and against law). And in the end when they 'caught' the murderer too, but in my opinion he deserved that. Though I am not sure I want everyone in real life fight like that.\ I mean if I had to choose my life or my attackers I would choose me, but still, that just shows that you can't turn to authorities/police to do something because they wouldn't ever believe you over richer and mentally better off person.

Haven't read book 2 or 3 because the detective man plays a big parts there. And that is not my piece of cake. Otherwise I have only heard good remarks about Larsons books.

Archived