Mental Support Community

An impossible task

Waiting

I have been working on this for days. I need to get past my anxious thoughts about my x-gf, I need to put them on hold, but I can't.

I want to accept what happened, but I was unable to do anything. I was kept from the process. I feel there is a real chance on us having a future, but I can't do anything about it for two months and the wait is killing me.

As you know, I'm going through similar girl pain. The thing with mine though is she's perfectly accessable, but has told me not to contact her until I'm better. I did give in recently and call her in a hysteric fit of tears and I don't think it helped matters. I'm so scared she's going to move on before I get my sh*t together. She's the best thing I have in the world and to be without her and have the possibility of losing her forever is overwhelming to say the least. Can't say it's helpful in the healing process. I wish I had grand coping techniques to share with you, but pretty much I'm just trying to not die these days and that's about the best I can muster.

I don't know. Distraction maybe? Fill up your time with new stuff? Read books? Listen to music? Try not to think about it? Clearly that's easy to do... Plan the epic love letter you will write when you are allowed contact again?

Sometimes life plain sucks. Not that that's any consolation.

Practically you could pray to god, satan, or the moon. One of them will probably answer. (I'm only half joking)

Getting through the 2 months? I think you will find something to do, as 2 months is really long to be constantly down.

There isn't much you can do, other than let the time pass.

Guest SomethingOrOther
I have been working on this for days. I need to get past my anxious thoughts about my x-gf, I need to put them on hold, but I can't.

I want to accept what happened, but I was unable to do anything. I was kept from the process. I feel there is a real chance on us having a future, but I can't do anything about it for two months and the wait is killing me.

Hi Waiting,

what are the anxios thoughts that bother you? I know you're also experiencing some grief, which isn't part of a mental "problem". You might be able to put some thoughts on hold, if you find they are repetitive and nothing new will come of following them again for now.

S.

Archived