Mental Support Community

Being grateful

IrmaJean

I am grateful that there is sunshine and a beautiful breeze blowing today. I am also grateful that both of my boys gave me hugs this morning that I was able to feel. And mostly for kindness of people.

Celery: only with blue cheese and chicken wings which defeats the purpose of celery...

I'm in the "celery sometimes" category -- in a couple of really awesome soups that I make, in bloody marys, and with wings of course. :) Otherwise, not so much.

Today, I'm grateful that I could see clouds right at the tops of the mountains behind my house...made me imagine it could rain (probably won't, but imagination is enough for now).

Thanks for sharing, everyone.

I am grateful for happy butt dances. :P

The psychological explanation for this being that these particular dances keep us enjoying the now and prevent us from anticipating what (may) be yet to come.

Anxiety prevention tactics.

The sillies are out too now, apparently.

:):D

That's beautiful, M.

Just a few…

I am grateful for my family and friends.

I am grateful for homegrown tomatoes.

I am grateful for the kindness and compassion of others.

I am grateful that I am able to accept comfort from others and also offer it to myself.

I am grateful for the beauty of nature.

I am grateful for beautiful and soothing music.

I am grateful that I have the strength to work on improving myself.

I am grateful that I can freely express myself here.

Thank you.

I am grateful that my family has a place to lie their heads at night when so many do not. I am grateful that my partner and I have worked through most of our problems and can be truly open with each other. I am grateful for a place such as this, because I feel so much less alone knowing that I am not the only person left in this world that questions the consequences of our actions and those around us. I am grateful that I chose love over hate. I am grateful to all of you for allowing me to speak with you, even if I have not had the courage to post all of my problems. Thank you, Jai. I hope you are doing well in your search for yourself. May you never hide your true face again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...