Mental Support Community

Being grateful

IrmaJean

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, that is horrible! :( Your grandmother deserves to be treated and cared for with respect and dignity. I would have been livid as well. :-( I'm glad your grandma is back home again. 

I had my dad at home for 1 1/2 years and it was one of the most challenging times of my life, but I am grateful we could keep him home for as long as possible. I was very fortunate to find a small facility for him with a caring nursing staff. One of our old aides works there too which has helped a lot.

I hope home health care goes well. Reliable and compassionate aides can be invaluable.

Take care, Pax.

• 7 months later...

I also am grateful/thankful for this forum.  I'm glad I have learned to hang in there even if things aren't perfect.  

I'm grateful to all those who have shared their story here. It has helped me to see that I am not alone in sometimes finding life a struggle.  When it comes to life, a certain amount of suffering is just baked into the cake.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2017 at 10:56 AM, lostboy1 said:

I'm grateful for this community, as well. It has been very nice to openly talk about these painful topics that have been bottled up inside me.

I'm also very thankful for my family and my health. Overall, I am a fortunate person.

To add on to lostboy, I am grateful that we can share on this community and there aren't a lot of trolls as I thought like a lot of other chats/forums I been on. 

• 2 years later...

I am thankful I don’t live on the west coast. As miserable as my life is I’m not choking to death in a conflagration. Those people are really suffering and I feel sorry for them. Read an awfully sad story about a teenager who died, and they think he was trying to drive his grandmother to safety. Very sad.