Mental Support Community

Being grateful

IrmaJean

I am grateful to be a part of the "family" here at Mentalhelp.net. I am grateful for the kindness and compassion we show to one another. I am grateful for the togetherness I sense when we work together to help support one another. I am also grateful for the good feelings I experience for being grateful. :)

Have a pleasant and serene weekend, everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hi :) I'm actually doing very well!! So many stories so much time has passed.

Never forgot about this place.. helped me soo very much. Have not been on in ages don't have much time to check things or be on anymore.. but I still think about people here. Hoping you all are doing well.

I'm better now.. really better not just saying it.. have been for a bit! :D

Lot of us just need time to heal deep pains.. and all those lessons I talked about before.. they were true.. just took a bit longer than I thought.

Biggest insight.. the things I thought I wanted and needed to feel happy.. to feel complete.. really wasn't it at all haha.

Relationships wasn't it, nor was work. My true peace came from a few things.. not giving up on the helpful things, working on getting better.. finding a break in life where things eased up and gave me a chance to heal.. My faith .. and finding solutions to things I deep down felt trapped me. So deep I didn't understand or see it myself even in here.

Not sure when or if I'll have a chance to check back.. just wanted to say hi.. and let you all know how much your friendships mean to me and how I never forget the lessons I learned here!! This site and everyone on it are such blessings to people hurting so deeply words can't describe the pain.

I am grateful for family and friends. I am grateful for the love in my heart and my willingness to share it. I am grateful for the comfort of the familiarity of a loved one. I am grateful for my job. I am grateful for my dog. :P I am grateful for the little things in life: the scent of soggy, thawing ground in early spring, the feel of soft sand as it squashes between my toes on the beach, the taste of melted hot fudge, the sight of the first blossom after a long winter, and the sounds of undisturbed nature. I am grateful for my ability to sense and take in so much around me. I am grateful that I feel strong and secure enough now to express my positive feelings openly out on the main boards. :)

I wish everyone peace and healing.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I got a lot of emotional issues going on right now;

I'm grateful that don't have to deal certain things that other do, unfortunately have to deal. I don't lose sight anymore of the fact that there are people worse off then me while not denying that I still my own problems that I need to deal with.

I'm grateful that I got the chance for a fresh start at life, even though it is a rocky one. I don't take the the take the things I have in my new life now for granted even though I still get lost in my problems some days because I'll be damned if I go back to that hell again.

In an extremely twisted way I've come be grateful for my bad childhood. I can now appreciate the small things in life that I was cheated out of growing up(even though I am still bitter to an extent) that so many people, who are blessed to have had stable lives, take for granted.

I'm grateful that I have a laid back and forgiving mother who doesn't hold grudges(because God knows I've lashed out on her so many times on my "bad days") because most parents around here are strict, would kick their kids out of the house after 18(rough economy or not), and/or dump their unstable kids into a hospital for being "too difficult".

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I am very grateful for my family and friends. Always.

I am grateful for the support, kindness, and encouragement my family and friends offer to me. I am grateful that I am able to offer the same back.

I am grateful for the chance to learn through new challenges.

I am grateful for the safe places I have to express myself.

I am grateful to every person who cares for others that need help.

I am grateful that we can help and support one another.

I am grateful for love, light, healing, and hope.

I am grateful for all parts of myself, including strong and vulnerable.

I am grateful for the color pink. :P

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you for sharing, Jeanne, and also for reminding me to be grateful as well. I enjoy beautiful sunrises and the company of dogs too.

I am always grateful for my family and friends. I am grateful this morning too for soft and beautiful music, quiet time, warm pajamas, and a comfortable couch.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest ChinaDoll

I think this thread is a wonderful idea and so I will join in the enlightenment that it will bring. Sometimes, we need to produce a little sunshine ourselves. And I say this mostly to myself but if it helps other people as well then that would be good.

I don't know what I am alive for yet but I am grateful that I know what question to ask.

I am grateful for the chance of a brand new beginning.

I am grateful for the support I find here.

Thank you for sharing with us, ChinaDoll. :)

I am grateful for life. I am grateful for the connections I have made with others. I am grateful that I have such a big heart and that I love and care deeply. I am grateful for each new day and for the opportunities I have to make a positive difference. I am grateful for sunshine and light. I am grateful for hope.

Grateful for my health, employment, my home, an intellect & energy level that is so far adequate to get things done in daily life; grateful for the internet, cable TV, my local public library. I am grateful for the 10 months out of the year that are not January & February; grateful for my car, good food, a few beers at home on Saturday night and sweating it all out on a Sunday walk and for the few decent people still left in America.

Guest ChinaDoll

Today, I am grateful for waking up, for the people who support me, for having the basic necessities, for the company of people, for being a person capable of many things, for the future, for the capacity to love and support others even if its just in small ways for now. I am grateful for the little luxuries I have; gadgets that still work, the net that keeps me connected with people I cherish though they may not be beside me, kind netizens who give their time and energy to reach out to those who need strength and support.

Guest ChinaDoll

Good morning!

So, I've decided that doing this everyday will help me start the day on a positive note.

I am grateful for compassionate strangers, for the rain the nourishes the land, for warm drinks, the company of relatives, the chance to make a difference.

I wish you guys well today. ^.^