Mental Support Community

A break in the clouds.....

Jenna520

Finally. I'm able to see a bit of sunshine peek through the clouds from time to time. I'm thankful the Prozac is helping me and taking the edge off the affects that grief has had on my mind. I haven't had any flashbacks for quite a few days now, but I'm having a lot of problems with insomnia. I'm tired, just can't go to sleep. But when I do sleep, I'm not having the reoccurring dreams. I can't tell you how many times I've relived that funeral. I can't tell you how many times I've had dreams and actual visions when I'm awake of my brother tearing up through a freshly dug grave. I'm not sure if I should speak of my flashbacks and visions to my therapist. I'm afraid he'll have me put in a hospital or something.

My moods have stabilized and I'm feeling so much better. I'm relieved. And I'm thankful for all the support that everyone here has given me. Thank you all for listening to me and being here for me. I hope I may be as helpful to each of you in the future as you have been to me.

Hi Jenna,

I am so glad that things have settled down. And the Prozac is helping. I don't think your therapist will lock you up if you discuss your visions, flashbacks .It might help to verbalize these incidences. Especially if they are giving you insomia. It is really good to know your doing better and your moods have stablized. I hope things continue to improve.

Thanks MS. You are one of the one's I need to thank for being there for me. There are many I need to thank. It seems like I've spent so long in the shadows, that I don't know what to do with myself when the sunshine appears. I'm sure I'll figure it out, but the thing I love the most, is that I can smile. I smile and it's not fake. I'm happy my kids get to see me smile. I'm glad my husband can see me smile again. Now, I just need to control my anxiety so that I can attend church on Sunday's, and I do believe I'll feel like a brand new me. Spiritually, I feel malnourished because I haven't been to church in months.

I feel great! Life is good. I hope you too are having a better time. You deserve the best.

Archived