Mental Support Community

30 years old and lost my virginity last night

Willpower

I have plans tomorrow so I can't write out the most elaborate topic this thread deserves but if anyone comments or has questions I can add stuff in.

So it 'finally' happened for me last night. As of a few days ago I knew it was going to happen immanently. I've had a lot of dates lined up with girls that are really into me. We were going to meet next week but I had the free time so I asked her if she was busy and she wasn't so I moved the date up.

As a virgin you really don't get how utterly inconsequential sex and being a virgin really is. My friends told me this and I knew that was correct but I didn't actually feel that way. Now I'm on the other side and I see it. I was an actual fool a lot of the time. You can think 'oh but you've had sex, of course it doesn't matter' but it really doesn't. I've had to catch myself calling myself a virgin still already several times.

The only thing that feels different is how it's going to take a long time to reprogram my mind with the new experience of how unimportant being a virgin actually was. If I knew what I know now I wouldn't have cared if I lived my entire life a virgin. The sex was good, it felt good, but the virgin status was really a much bigger deal in my head than it should have been.

Hurray, hurray, hurray!

As an (OLD) woman this is really none of my business.

But as a human being, I say, Hurray, hurray, hurray!

I think you are correct:

As a virgin you really don't get how utterly inconsequential sex and being a virgin really is.

But until you know it for yourself, you just don’t know.

I’ve been reading all your posts and been wanting to say “Hurray” for some time. That you took charge of your life and have made such a difference is really a wonderful example for others. Maybe that won’t work for some of us, right now. But it’s great to know that it can be done.

• 2 years later...

I've never had a problem with the stigma of being a virgin. I never thought about it much. What I did think about is the fact that women have never really been a part of my life. The lack of touch, of intimacy, of their femininity, of their smell, their skin, their warmth.

These feelings never changed once I was no longer technically a virgin.

• 8 months later...