Mental Support Community

hi

riche

Hello, Riche, welcome :)

To start, you might describe the main problems that you're currently struggling with, maybe also what you've already tried to resolve or overcome them. And you may, of course, add any relevant info. For instance, have you some supporting family members and/or friends?

I hope you'll find here some comfort and new insights :)

Take care!

ok so main problem I have is that I have 3 imaganry freands and I'm scared that they might turn into something more. I have figured out why they are there and I have talked to school conculers about it when I was younger. I do have a husband who lets me talk him about anything. I haven't realy told anyone ealse about it becuse the rest of my family has thire own issues that they are dealing with.

There have been several members with imaginary friends here, but I'm nor sure if any of them is still active on this forum. However, that's not important :).

You mentioned the counselor. What did (s)he say about it?

Do you have any mental problems? Anxieties?

Did you have a traumatizing experience in your childhood?

Did something "unusual" happen before your friends appeared?

I think it's enough of questions for now ;).

The counselor I saw said that I was ok to me but i have resently found out that they told my mom that I was borderline deprased. Other then that I'm pritty sure that I do not have any other mental problems. I do know why I have each of them though. They all have there own names first there was Annalise She came along cuz in high school I didn't know how to deal with my emotions. She is alittle bit older then me and spends most of her time hidding be hind a couch. Then there is Muffin she is a free flutting she came along shortly after high school. After that is lilly She is kind of an army brat but has a need to prove to her dad even though she is a girl she can fight. I forgot about one other in my resent post I try not to think about her cuz she can be kinda scary and she dosen't have a name. As for a traumatizing childhood experience I had a few of them. I don't rember much form 8 and younger cuz my dad had mulasted all of us. I don't rember it but that is what Im told when people ask if he ever tuched me in a way that he shouldn't have I tell them that I don't rember. My mom and dad got devorced and remiried so many time. My mom also went a little pshyco her self. She started cutting her self and oding on her prscriptions meds. To keep my self from losing it I basicly stoped having most felling and grew up so that I could protact my younger brother and sitter from what was going on. I do have and older brother and sistter but They had moved out. My friends startted to appeared after I startting re-devluping emotions I that point I was put into foster care with my younger brother and sister.

Riche, perhaps these 4 "imaginary friends" are parts of you. Have you thought of that possibility? Sometimes when we have a scary experience, part of us "splits" (I mean leaves our body) because we can't handle what's happening to our body. Maybe this is where the nameless scary one comes from.

You talk about seeing school counselors when you were younger. Have you seen counselors since you left school? I encourage you to find one now and talk to her/him about what's going on with you. It's great that your husband is willing to listen to you and it's important for you to keep talking to him. But a professional may better help you to deal with effects of your childhood experiences. What do you think?

Riche,

You wrote:

I have 3 imaganry freands and I'm scared that they might turn into something more.

I wouldn't say that this is the problem. "The friends" won't "turn into something more". I also think, as Norm K., that they could be seen as split parts of you. And that they are here to help you to deal with your emotions, the problems caused by your unconscious, your hidden, "forgotten" experiences... It's the unconscious presence of your childhood experiences that could possibly "turn into something worse" :(. A professional could help you with this much more than we. I'm afraid we can only try to help you learn a bit more about yourself and, perhaps, to find a way to get professional help. We can "listen" if you decided to "talk" about your past and remember the hidden stuff, but it's always better to have a professional there with you to process the unpleasant emotions that arise from such memories. Why do I mention remembering of things that you're happy not remembering? Because in cases of abuse (like molestation), the healing involves also remembering, bringing back the emotions and "processing them", this time, in an appropriate way...

I remember one member here who was molestated as a little child and she was unable to sleep in a presence of a cushion (kind of phobia...) and didn't know why. But when she remembered, during her therapy, that the abuser once tried to "make her silent" (=to aviod the "revelation" of what he was doing), he used a cushion - put it on her face and almost suffocated her... she became (thanks to recalling the cause of the phobia and "processing it" with the therapist) able to use a cushion (after almost 40 years!)... That's an example of a healing power of "remembering traumatizing issues"...

You say you can't afford a therapist or counselor or psychiatrist. May I ask where you live? Because in many countries, it's possible to find a free menal help. Did you try to search?