Mental Support Community

How important is sex to a marriage?

dont listen to this if easily offended.

I think i posted this before a few months back- its from a girls blog on many topics

"anyone woud bail if they see a small dick"

"sucking a small one woud make me puke"

"anygirl who says it doesnt matter is f'ing lying to be kind"

Im on london and I have heard girls say this stuff for ... 15 years now?

I really like bigger women as well, so it seems really weird to me how paranoid women are over their weight.

It's because of standards like these that women don't really have to worry about anything. How many women do you think "really like" bigger men?

Men need to stand their ground and hold women to the same standard as we are held to by them, even if it means missing out on some "tail".

Hmm Eternal. I don't know about what women think of fat guys. My friend is fat and he does pretty good. I don't find some "extra curves" on a woman unattractive, so I don't see it as lowering my standards. What good do you think it will do to hold women to what you say is a higher standard?

JJ: I'm glad you do; if more guys were unashamed, maybe girls like you would speak up more and not just online. But most guys are ashamed and it's unlikely to ever change because society villifies a small penis, which is another part of why they are so paranoid.

If you genuinely find overweight women attractive, then perhaps it isn't a matter of " standards". It seems that a lot of men who go for heavier women do so out of desperation (not implying you).

Holding women to a higher standard would do wonders to curb hypergamy and the sense of entitlement that so many women exude.

Heavily snipped>>> But most guys are ashamed and it's unlikely to ever change because society villifies a small penis, which is another part of why they are so paranoid.

Gotta agree. And it's not just guys who are swayed by public opinion. Breast augmentation is a multimillion dollar a year industry. I can sit here all day and talk about how much I prefer small, petite breasts but as long as there are men who go crazy for big ones and insist women who have larger ones are sexier society's opinion isn't going to change.

I think the only 'plastic' surgery (or genetic manipulation) that will dethrone this will eventually be penis enlargement.

Big boobs or big penises, Whoo-Hoo! Lets celebrate huge and disparage small......

As men or women, we're just not ever quite big enough, are we?

This isnt really a place where women need to speak up- who and what and why a woman has sex with anyone or anything, will always be a matter of personal preference. The only people that need to take ownership of their own feelings and speak up, are the guys themselves.

Say it with me now! "I am a man with a small penis, and I am NOT ashamed!"

Its a lovely thought.. but that would be social suicide for us.

I know of guys at college who were outed as small- they were laughing stocks.

In the uk a guy from Big Brother was revealed as small- his career was in tatters when he came out- its all the papers went on about - despite his model looks

In the uk we also had a certain pop star revealed- his image forever tarnished.

I know the usa has it equivalents.... this would not exactly improve the situation.

Last year a teenager was ridiculed socially by his girlfriend over his size and he committed suicide...

No one is ever going to be proud of this unattractive and unfortunate trait...

Gotta agree. And it's not just guys who are swayed by public opinion. Breast augmentation is a multimillion dollar a year industry. I can sit here all day and talk about how much I prefer small, petite breasts but as long as there are men who go crazy for big ones and insist women who have larger ones are sexier society's opinion isn't going to change.

I think the only 'plastic' surgery (or genetic manipulation) that will dethrone this will eventually be penis enlargement.

Big boobs or big penises, Whoo-Hoo! Lets celebrate huge and disparage small......

As men or women, we're just not ever quite big enough, are we?

I rarely see that - there are men who love big boobs sure but girls with small athletic frames are seen as ideal here.

Whereas a small dick is always seen as awful.

But Natalie Portman, Kylie etc are seen as gorgeous.

I rarely see that - there are men who love big boobs sure but girls with small athletic frames are seen as ideal here.

Whereas a small dick is always seen as awful.

But Natalie Portman, Kylie etc are seen as gorgeous.

Gotta disagree a little. I think society makes a point about large breasted women a lot. Every football game there's a commercial about the Swedish bikini team parachuting in, or the hooters girls bending over a table or there being a car wash with big boobed girls wet and bending over a car hood. I've never seen a commercial targeting males that specifically highlighted small breasts.

I see your point. I prefer small (along with a lot of other guys) BUT, boob enlargement is still the biggest (no pun) money maker in physical enhancement.

I will take ladies to task for one thing. I will immediately tell my friends when the occasion arises that I far prefer small. I've read that a lot of ladies don't care, but will go along with the crowd if in a group and some of the women are saying bigger is better. If they really don't care. If they are more comfortable with small-average they need to SPEAK UP and say so instead of not rocking the boat.

For all the ladies out there who says size doesn't matter, who says we guys are foolish for worrying about it there's just as many obsessing about their breasts. And it's just their perception of their selves. There's still a thousand guys who'd line up to take a small breasted woman to bed. I don't really think there'd be a thousand ladies lined up to take a small penised man to bed. (You'd be damn lucky to find one or two.)

There are some small breasted women who would be considered to be super hot. All else being equal, small breasted ladies are still chased, pursued and sought after......

and breast enlargement is STILL a multimillion dollar industry....

and we men are scolded for our obsessing over our body parts.

There is an exception to this rule, imho. I don't believe has to be social suicide IF you join a new social circle. You could be honest from the start; or, take a more humoured approach as I've seen some guys do. You don't have to be proud, you just have to not be ashamed. It is possible to stop feeling ashamed btw...

I can accept, in fact I know, that once you've known a group of friends for a long time it's extremely difficult to admit this. I think I would still be embarassed to bring up my size to some of my old friends.

Have any of you guys ever thought about just starting fresh somewhere new? I know it's a pretty drastic thing to do. Some people have done it though. Even getting away for a year could help?

Just an thought. I intend to, I'm moving to another part of the UK this month.

My friends (catch word: FRIENDS) knew from the start. The mens locker rooms and showers at my gym/pool are large open affairs. There's no hiding from anyone, but I never cared to hide. I'm sure word got around I was small. But I was friendly, honest and helped a friend out. No one or their wives ever bought this up until I started seriously dating my now wife. They didn't want to see me get burned.

Real friends don't care. People who want to climb on you or use you to make themselves feel better will poke fun.

I had a whole response written up, but I had to delete it.

I'll just say this, I've never had a male friend mention it.

Yeah, my small size has been brought up a couple times, but only when wives of friends have been trying to reassure me about something or another.

This happened after I was married. My wife is totally incapable of keeping anything to herself. When they're involved in girl talk any subject is fair game. It's not just my wife, the others are just as open about their lives also. I'm not comfortable with this, but it's just the way it is. Women talk. And when they do they'll talk about ANYTHING. They'll talk about THEIR intimate problems and feelings as much as their husbands. At least she hasn't had anything to talk about regarding me in a few years.

Not all women. My girlfriend says she has never nor will ever discuss it with anybody, I believe her.

I would leave her if she did.

That would really be nice. If there was any one thing about her I'd change it would be that.

She treats her close friends like sisters. They don't impugn or make fun of anyone or their problems, but they'll (talk about, share, discuss....whatever) anything, no matter how intimate. This was one of the reasons I changed doctors when her best friend became my doctors nurse. I didn't want her helping examine me, nor did I want any of my physicals becoming the 'topic du joir'. <_<

I envy you on this point.

EDIT: I will admit one thing. She did this before we officially met also. I shouldn't have been surprised. She's always been like this. I was hoping I'd be off limits, discussion wise.....Wrong.

I have to say I think what your wife did sucks. Do you think it was just careless? I mean did she just put too much trust her friends? Or was she annoyed with you or something?

No, no this is just normal. 4 or 5 of them are extremely close, like sisters. They will get together and just visit or meet for lunch or whatever. They've done this for years and years. It's not like they all didn't know I was small before I ever was introduced to her, (It's likely she was the last to know) but there's some other things I thought should have been off limits that wasn't.

If you've ever watched a show or movie where 4 or 5 women are sitting around a table talking, laughing, visiting you'd have a good idea what goes on here. Women just seem to share a lot with each other. As a man, I don't understand it and I think they open up a little too much. But I've found over the years there's a lot about her and women in general I really don't understand.