Mental Support Community

Last night was Friday night & no alcohol. Horay for not being a total  loser.  

Remember when you were a kid & there was a line drawn where you had to be so tall to get on the amusement park ride?  Well I feel like the kid whose 1/2" short.  In all areas: brains, looks, physical strength, income, talent, balls - I fall just a little short of what's required to ride :mellow:

Sorry to be depressing, I am actually not feeling bad but ironically this is what happens when I feel good: I look at my life and go "oh shit".  It is what it is.  

Again no alcohol Sat nite. Saw a friend & it was fun.  Feeling a little tired but decent.  Place a big catalog order for winter clothes so that is good 'cause I need it.  Feeling a bit tired & dismal but nothing too bad overall.  

Going to meet a friend for lunch for an hour before he heads into work.  After that I hope to get a nap & then do some stretching / beginners yoga for 30 minutes.  

Thanks Jazz!  I hope things are good w you.  Do you work or go to school or what primarily occupies your week?  If your inclined to share feel free, if not I understand.  

Praise God I did get an energy surge. An allergy pill and some coffee helped I think.  Got my grocery shopping done.  Hopefully I can keep rolling 'cause there is a lot to do.  I need to inquire about my house insurance and apply for an American Express card.  And a ton of organizing, cleaning and throwing out around this house. 

Sorry to hear you are unwell Jazz. I hope whatever it is clears up and you get better.  I really dislike fatigue.  It makes me feel useless. Last December-January I had a horrible flu and sinus infection. The fatigue and body aches were endless.  Lord that was a test!  This year I got my flu shot and so far so good.  

Good news on no drinking, Victim. That's wonderful. There is always a lot of work to do with a house, for sure. I hope you have an enjoyable weekend.

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well, Jazz.  It's good that you found something therapeutic to do that helps you during this time. Sounds interesting too. I love flowers. I hope you feel better soon. Sending some virtual light and energy to you.

energy_2.jpg

Another advantage of not drinking is that if I wake up too early like I did today it is not that big of a deal, I still function.  If I had been drinking - forget it. I would be worthless until after a nap.  

Still I am not looking forward to the "back to the grind" tomorrow and the coming of colder weather.  Not a real big deal, just not my preference.  

Got a lot done over this 4 day holiday so today I am going to go easy on myself and just take it as it comes, no major projects planned.  

Hope everyone is well or at least ok.  :)

I did no shopping on Black Friday although in years past it was never that bad. Stores actually have staff on hand so it moves quickly.  

For years I have been receiving a catalog in the mail called Haband and I finally placed a big order for winter clothes and I am waiting for that to get here. Their prices are incredible; let's hope the quality is decent.  

Plus I dug around the dark corners of this house and found articles of clothing I forgot I even had :mellow: so I am pretty much all set.  

I know you hit a couple bumps in the road Pax but I hope you enjoyed the holiday break nonetheless.  

I'm the same as you about this, Pax, no Black Friday shopping for me. Too many people... :icon_eek: I actually don't enjoy shopping very much anyhow. It's more of my H's thing. :P 

@Victimorthecrime, I hope your winter clothes turn out to be very warm and high quality. Our store (that I work in) used to have a sales contest years ago and we often won a certificate for LL Bean. The money never went far, but the kids did get some quality clothes that lasted.

I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday break, if they had one.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I saw a friend. It was planned from a long time ago.  I ended up having some beers (rolling rock).  We had fun but boy did I regret it later.  I am definitely taking a break until late spring or summer.  It makes me sluggish, stupid and emotional.  It took until today after a nap that I started to feel a little like my old self.  I am just much happier when I can work, act, think in an engaged & productive manner.  

• 1 month later...

Brief update: I have not had anything to drink since the prior post and am happy about that.  Not much else to say about it really, there are just better things to do in life (in my opinion).  My energy level and ability to think are definitely improved but still far from what I would like.  As I mentioned on another thread, am making dietary changes moving toward being semi vegetarian.  Truthfully I think it has helped some w feeling better overall.  

Victim, I'm glad you're doing so well with this. My daughter's a vegetarian and does well on that eating. She's also into juicing and does juice fasts regularly.

She's athletic and never seems to be short on energy. Of course, her just being 21 years old might have something to do with that.

I've noticed in quite a few conversations your role here has changed from someone needing advise more to someone counseling and giving advise. You're doing well, I'm glad to see you growing into a new role here. 

Hey John always good to hear from you.  You know I was at a bar yesterday w a friend and I only had a bottle of water. Now that's progress.  I have lost a few pounds for sure but I can tell that now I am at the stage where the pounds are harder to lose.  

Sounds like your daughter is on the right path. You know people talk about teenage years being tough but 20s are rough too because life is not pre-planned for you any longer.  

Believe me I still have a lot of issues and regrets but I do my best to be positive.  Life is too short...

Would love to see you post more buddy but either way take care and be well.  

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:42 AM, Victimorthecrime said:

Hey John always good to hear from you.  You know I was at a bar yesterday w a friend and I only had a bottle of water. Now that's progress.  I have lost a few pounds for sure but I can tell that now I am at the stage where the pounds are harder to lose.  

Sounds like your daughter is on the right path. You know people talk about teenage years being tough but 20s are rough too because life is not pre-planned for you any longer.  

Believe me I still have a lot of issues and regrets but I do my best to be positive.  Life is too short...

Would love to see you post more buddy but either way take care and be well.  

You too! Sounds like you're moving forward and doing well!

• 3 weeks later...

I hear ya. Been struggling to stay positive myself.  It's so hard to find words to express our inner world  because that experience is so subjective but from a young age I felt that there was a limit on me in terms of how much good could happen.  Like some reality show where the producers manipulate the world of the players and some jerk says into the mic "ok that is enough fun for him, make some bad things happen".  I'll find success for a while but it will turn out to be fools gold every time.  

Still I soldier on, it's just who I am. It's not any virtue. It's DNA I guess.  I'm like a terrier - I smell, I dig, I hunt, I scrimish, I run, I play, I mark my territory.  It's just what who I am and what I do.  

The only thing that inspires me, that excites me is the thought of being financially independent enough that I could tell anyone that needed to hear it to go fuck themselves in the ass with a pine cone.  

the last sentence made me rofl!

6 hours ago, Victimorthecrime said:

Like some reality show where the producers manipulate the world of the players and some jerk says into the mic "ok that is enough fun for him, make some bad things happen".

have you seen "the truman show"?

i've accepted a long time ago that life will always suck for me, and the only way to change that is to die.