Mental Support Community

Job fears

Victimorthecrime

A lot of folks do and if I ever found something that didn't deteriorate my health and cognition I'd be all over it.

yeah, i hate drugs too; i just meant that i could never do what you do. the constant worrying about losing my job, etc., and i have trouble taking orders, specially from scum and bitches.

Right Klingsor. I get this sick feeling in my stomach that the coaching is not really about helping me as much as it is giving them plausible deniability for when they fire me. They will be able to say "we did everything we could" to help him.

Believe me if I could think of another way I would. If I do end up getting shit canned at least I could collect unemployment for 6.5 months, maybe longer.

Feeling more mellow and rational than usual. Had a decent day at work, was able to tackle problems. It's possible, although not certain, that i won't get fired. You have to be both sharp and insensitive to survive these corporations. Strip away all genuine human emotion and use the knife of logic to cut life into tasks. Corporations validate the beliefs of the theistic Satanist.

Thanx mts. The problem is that trust has been broken and I am not even so much angry w the organization as I am contemptuous and disillusioned. If I did not need the money I would not be there. Simple as that. I don't know how the folks that don't work full time survive. Someone needs to clue me in.

depends what you mean by "survive".

Do you mean part time? I guess that isn't enough to eat/pay bills over there? We have a good benefit system here in terms of rent.

Since you're asking about survival for me it has helped in the past to order food in bulk online. It works out a lot cheaper and I don't need to do spend much when I go shopping. Of course no eating out or bars etc, too expensive.

Sorry for the edits.

Edited by mts

Do you mean part time? I guess that isn't enough to eat/pay bills over there?

Exactly you got it. Part time only cuts it for those living w parents or a spouse or possibly collecting some kind if benefits if they are the type of benefits that allow you to work.

You make a fine point mts about watching food expenditures. I do try to shop fugally, buying the discount generic brands except for coffee - gotta have Starbucks.

Generally speaking social services here the colonies (ha ha) are not nearly as robust as UK and rest of Europe. I know people on SSI, rent assistance, food stamps, and the problem w that is you make barely enough to survive and live in fear of cuts to those benefits. These days it is very hard to find work under the table for cash due to the State regulations and the electronic ability to enforce them. They don't want to miss a penny of tax. Even strippers are required to buy a license and register w the government.

I have heard things are pretty dire in that regard in your country. We have something called workfare here which is working 9-5 for welfare cheques, which might be what I'll be doing for a while.

My statement about eating cheaply might have been a bit niave though, it's just that I'm not aware of the way things are in the USA. It sounds brutal living there, especially for anyone with mental health problems.

Yea in UK you have to pay tax even to busk with an instrument on the street corner.

Especially men have to totally become actors, liars, to survive in the workplace. Dissimulation comes naturally to women. I would turn executives over to Pol Pot if I could.

Any young guy should just join a union. Any union. Unless you are a total brainiac like Steve Wasniak, Marc Andreesen, or Max Levchin then it ain't worth it to deal w the capitalists. They use humans like whores and pigs.

Guest Klingsor

Take consolation from the fact that their greed and moral obesity have awakened a monster. Just as Lenin predicted, they have bought and tied the rope that will be used to hang them. The transition to post-modernism will happen in our lifetime, most can feel it. I have no love lost neither for the corrupt oligarchs nor the obnoxious mob, but it should be amusing to watch the class war play out in this country in the next 10-20 years.

Well I am off to work but to anyone that can actually celebrated St. Patricks day in proper fashion - cheers!

Oops, I read that as "has actually celebrated", but now I see you meant "can actually celebrate". I can't because I don't really drink, assuming proper fashion means drinking lots of Guinness.

• 2 weeks later...

The madness continues. They constantly find fault w me. If I handle 29 calls perfectly the only thing discussed is #30 where I made a small error that gets zoomed in on to the exclusion of all else. A week does not go by where my job is not threatened. It's sadistic psychological warfare.

But I have learned a ton, am sharp as ever, and all they can do is can me and i will move forward. I own my own home so I can really live on a budget when necessary. Unemployment lasts 6+ months in this State so that is not too bad either.

you seem to have some things going for you, like owning a house, having job skills/experience, and i think you've mentioned that it wouldn't be too difficult for you to get another job if you ever lost this one. so might i suggest not taking your current job too seriously, and just do it without stressing out too much, and if they have a problem with it, just tell them that there must be other employees doing a worse job than you, and they should get on their case instead of yours, and to just let you do your job.

All good points resolute. I do tend to take whatever job I have at the time too seriously. There certainly are worse employees than me so why aren't they on the hot seat? Because they have a different supervisor. The thing that is so fucked up about our system is the way these supervisors are free to fuck w your life.

All good points resolute. I do tend to take whatever job I have at the time too seriously. There certainly are worse employees than me so why aren't they on the hot seat? Because they have a different supervisor. The thing that is so fucked up about our system is the way these supervisors are free to fuck w your life.

it's the whole system (world) that's fucked up, anyone of power can usually fuck with the life of someone with little/no power.