Mental Support Community

Job fears

Victimorthecrime

trust me, god would've simply messed with you in a different way, or in a different area. :D you don't seriously believe he'd just leave you be, do you?

Quite possible I would have fucked it up somehow. A lot of guys are destroyed by early success. Reading a biography of Kurt Cobain now and as soon as he got cash he dove head first into heroin.

Being a professional gets you nowhere. The only valid protection in this civilization takes the singular form of purchasing power (as in the 1 percenters), or the collective form of union protection (as in the masses). It's ironic that I come from a working class background, slaved to get that middle class diploma, only to realize the middle class gets fucked from all ends at once. Any young guy who asks my opinion now, I tell them this: unless you have Steve Jobs type intelligence, do not go to college, learn a trade and join a union.

This is why I always say it's better to be on the extreme end of any spectrum rather than stuck in the middle.

You don't often see doctors and lawyers getting spoken to the way I have to endure. A strong union might be even better. Look at teachers - impossible to fire one.

Anxiety so intense this morning I called out sick. Not a really huge deal because I have the time and it is Monday and Friday that they hate call outs.

Nonetheless I am sitting here at the moment feeling both bad about myself and sorry for myself and trying to remind myself that there are people in this world that have it worse than me.

This corporate shit is only worth it if the job comes w an employment contract and stock options. The rest is a disaster.

If I was a smart young guy like you Klingsor I would study programming. You can do it on line, Code Academy and the like. I have done some programming but that is a story for another time.

If the filthy cunts I work for do end up canning me I have a medical billing program in mind a FB friend alerted me to it has worked out well for her. I don't care about the money I just want job security.

I know a guy, he drinks too much so I don't see him too much anymore, but he is a garbage man and let me tell you it is a union job w good money.

I would just like a job where people leave me the fuck alone. I would like any situation where I could tell people to go fuck themselves.

During part of college I was a security guard. I had my radio, my books, thermos of coffee and it was great.

The job I have now would be ok were it not for the haters.

I'll figure something out eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

I took a programming course back in 2001, it was one of those non-accredited tech schools and i learned some interesting stuff but never found employment. Put simply there are about 500 million people around the world who are better at it than I am. I was ok w HTML, JavaScript, SQL, but JAVA lost me. My brain was dead by that point. The guys that were really good at code, they could sit in front of that computer for 11 hours with hardly a break. I was just not that into it.