Mental Support Community

Job fears

Victimorthecrime

Klingsor please don't apologize for posting. That is the whole point and I enjoy reading every thought that anyone shares.

Please Don't let my experience dissuade you from anything because the so called school went out of business within a year of my "graduating" and I was going through a hellish time then too. I was completely broke and my mothers health was on a steep decline and I was coping by drinking hard on the weekends holy mackerel.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Small, it's a hard thing to explain. I get evaluated on a hundred different performance measures and at the end of month they get added up and that number is deemed either Pass or Fail. In a rolling 5 month period you cannot have 3 or more Fails or you will be facing disciplinary action likely leading to termination.

The problem is they act like these measures are so objective and scientific but that is total bullshit. In reality there is a great deal of subjectivity. It's like facing a federal prosecutor - if they really wanna find something they easily can because in reality no one can live up to this perfection standard.

But the upside is I am not facing immediate termination and am learning a ton about health insurance. Going through this kind of hell does motivate you. A lot, and I do mean a lot of people just up and quit because they can't handle the stress.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's variable. Just when I feel good they will hit me with some perceived infraction for example "you should have said 'reduced rate' but instead said 'discount'". It's hard to assess how genuine or legitimate their threats and criticisms are. But regardless, the reality of it is that it falls to me, as it does to all of us, to take ownership of my life and the requisite actions.

I actually have had something similar happen at work with specific wording. It can be frustrating and deflating even, but I try not to take these things to heart. I know that I do my best and work hard. Others may never be completely satisfied but I know that I put in a full effort.

I hope the rest of your work week goes well, VBNC.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest ChinaDoll
I can't stand my boss though, for some reason, I almost always feel violated and used knowing that my work benefits him more than it does me. Then again, we're all in this boat aren't we? The "people upstairs" in insurance companies are probably filthy rich, while you might make enough to get by, and then some.

Felt the same way about my last job. Makes me want to head for the hills.