Mental Support Community

Job fears

Victimorthecrime

I hear you that work can feel discouraging sometimes.

Does it ever feel good inside knowing you have done your job well? I feel that, for myself, and it's what has motivated and driven me since I started working for the company many years ago. If the place looks well-stocked, full, and neat, I feel happy because I know I took good care of it. I like when my work is recognized, but I know now not to expect or need that. I think ultimately I have to please myself for myself, and the rest is beyond my control. Or so I tell myself anyhow. It seems to help me.

Wishing everyone well.

Now, imagine this situation in reverse, where a group of misogynistic men hire another male over a more capable woman after relegating her to kitchen duties, simply because they "prefer" him. I'd probably be on the regional news.

if there was even 1% of fairness in the world, life might just have been bearable.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday night is the worst. Trying to be as positive as I can. At least I have a job. When was younger I was unable to cope w the demands of plotting a career path for myself. I made some bad choices - bad attitude, bad grades, bad course selection.

It was not until AFTER college, living back home and off the booze and dope (for the most part) that I realized how bad I screwed up. I did rally and get full time employment but I have been laid off 4 times and the result was I always felt insecure and not feel like I was in a position to hold up my end of a committed relationship. Add to that poor self esteem revolving around my looks and abilities, an overly intrusive mother, and well here I sit alone.

But that said I am keeping an open mind toward a better future. I only drink beer and only on weekends, and I try to stay fit and I work hard. I try to live each day as best as I can manage.

I suppose it's the best we can do. Make the most most of what we have and hope for the best. It's true that youth is wasted on the young, and ironic that the most pivotal decisions of our lives come at a time when we don't know what we're doing. Can you imagine where we would be if we worked then as hard as we do now, with the same keen sense of what's good for us? Anyway you have a good MO.

I hate Sunday evenings almost as much Monday mornings lol. It's a whole whirlwind of emotion, regret and apprehension. One thing I realised is that any event or activity never lives up to the angst I experience in anticipation.

My diet is everywhere at the moment and I don't do as much exercise as I once did. I still prefer the taste of raw veg to most processed foods but I'm guilty of having more of the latter than I once did. I don't drink much if at all though.

It's weird when people ask me what my hobbies are, or what I like to do. I don't like doing anything! My idea of a good time is to sit on my sofa and watch a film. Anyway work tomorrow. Dammit.

• 2 months later...