Mental Support Community

females views etc (Trigger Warning!)

Jessie

30 minutes ago, skynight said:

Rather then the men warning the women, maybe the women should speak up first and say they don't want a small penis? Since it's they who have the preference, it shouldn't be up to the small penis man to have to warn every woman. This seems like putting the responsibility on the man and doing her dirty work and he is the one at risk of being outed and humiliated. 

Yeah perhaps women should let us know how long her labia is before we get down there. Or if she has an oversized clitoris (those things look like small penises)

All's fair in love and .... sex.

2 hours ago, RogerJay said:

I'm sorry, Klingsor. You can't just casually toss in ugly accusations that I am trying to "bully" or "belittle" or "dominate" people here, then say "but hey, I don't want you banned or anything".

Maybe you don't want me banned - but that's missing the damned point! If these accusations are true, and if the moderators agree with you, then frankly I myself want to be banned.

I don't come here to "bully" people. If this is what I am actually doing (i.e. not just in your fantasy) then it would be correct and proper to ban me, as far as I am concerned.

@the moderators

I am 100% serious, guys. I need you to decide here.

You didn't bully or belittle anyone. He obviously has serious psychological problems that go way beyond penis size. Not sure why he is even in this forum. If he's not interested in women or marriage or relationships or in women in any fashion then why worry about your penis?

Not sure what forum he should be in but it ain't this one.

Can we try to be more understanding with one another please? All of us have our own struggles. Our interactions here can be something to learn from. Members may also have different needs and reasons to be here. I want everyone to feel welcome.

Roger, it's mostly me here reading this area of the forum at this time and I don't always see every post. I'm looking into possibly adding more moderators.

Resolute, I think the key is balance. One can be a forgiving person without allowing others to take advantage of this trait. There are situations when it may apply and other times when someone may need to draw a line. In a relationship, I think that is true of both partners. I personally admire all of the traits you mentioned, but I also admire assertiveness. It's possible to be strong and also have gentle traits, I think.

Glad you are fine Klingsor. Irma has a good point in that we need to "try" and be understanding of each other. I personally don't see any Bullying or belittling in Rogers posts, but I don't walk in your shoes and interpret things differently. 

Great example for me is Resolute. In many cases, I don't necessarily agree with his posts. In fact sometime my instant reaction is to be offended. I was instantly offended by his comments about successful relationships are the results of men being pussies (paraphrasing) was to be offended.  After all, I'm in a relationship. But when I step back and think, I realize that is his opinion based on his perspective.  I have a different perspective obviously.  But I have come to appreciate his thoughts because it forces me to think of things from a different perspective. Sometimes I actually learn something. :)  With that said, I believe IrmaJean is right on when she says its a balance. I personally want to be in a relationship where both the man and the woman are truly happy. It's an ever changing goal so it's impossible to say "we've done it" but that is what I work towards. I have no doubt that if I call all the shots, she won't be truly happy, which means I won't be truly happy.  Sometimes that requires me taking the "man of the house" role and sometimes that requires me compromising and being patient and diplomatic. If that makes me a pussy, so be it. I'm a happy pussy (most of the time). 

8 minutes ago, tcnewexp said:

Glad you are fine Klingsor. Irma has a good point in that we need to "try" and be understanding of each other. I personally don't see any Bullying or belittling in Rogers posts, but I don't walk in your shoes and interpret things differently. 

Great example for me is Resolute. In many cases, I don't necessarily agree with his posts. In fact sometime my instant reaction is to be offended. I was instantly offended by his comments about successful relationships are the results of men being pussies (paraphrasing) was to be offended.  After all, I'm in a relationship. But when I step back and think, I realize that is his opinion based on his perspective.  I have a different perspective obviously.  But I have come to appreciate his thoughts because it forces me to think of things from a different perspective. Sometimes I actually learn something. :) With that said, I believe IrmaJean is right on when she says its a balance. I personally want to be in a relationship where both the man and the woman are truly happy. It's an ever changing goal so it's impossible to say "we've done it" but that is what I work towards. I have no doubt that if I call all the shots, she won't be truly happy, which means I won't be truly happy.  Sometimes that requires me taking the "man of the house" role and sometimes that requires me compromising and being patient and diplomatic. If that makes me a pussy, so be it. I'm a happy pussy (most of the time). 

tcn, you certainly are one diplomatic son of a gun lol. my posts aren't usually intended to offend anyone, but i realize that expressing certain opinions would inevitably upset some people here and there. some people might think i should hold back a little. they'd surprised if they knew just how much i'm actually holding back already.

14 minutes ago, tcnewexp said:

If that makes me a pussy, so be it. I'm a happy pussy (most of the time). 

i know it works for some people (or even most people). but for some of us it simply isn't possible.

34 minutes ago, Resolute said:

tcn, you certainly are one diplomatic son of a gun lol. my posts aren't usually intended to offend anyone, but i realize that expressing certain opinions would inevitably upset some people here and there. some people might think i should hold back a little. they'd surprised if they knew just how much i'm actually holding back already.

Too funny. Yes, being diplomatic has always been my M.O.  My counselor use to point that out about all the time. 

1 hour ago, tcnewexp said:

Great example for me is Resolute. In many cases, I don't necessarily agree with his posts. In fact sometime my instant reaction is to be offended. I was instantly offended by his comments about successful relationships are the results of men being pussies (paraphrasing) was to be offended.  After all, I'm in a relationship. But when I step back and think, I realize that is his opinion based on his perspective.  I have a different perspective obviously.  But I have come to appreciate his thoughts because it forces me to think of things from a different perspective. Sometimes I actually learn something. :)  With that said, I believe IrmaJean is right on when she says its a balance. I personally want to be in a relationship where both the man and the woman are truly happy. It's an ever changing goal so it's impossible to say "we've done it" but that is what I work towards. I have no doubt that if I call all the shots, she won't be truly happy, which means I won't be truly happy.  Sometimes that requires me taking the "man of the house" role and sometimes that requires me compromising and being patient and diplomatic. If that makes me a pussy, so be it. I'm a happy pussy (most of the time). 

Ha. I'm a sad pussy...

10 hours ago, RogerJay said:

TRIGGER WARNING!!

Klingsor should not read this post.

Any others who are offended by humour on these threads should also consider skipping this post.

This made me LOL! Boy oh boy, do you know how to wind people up eh? 

On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 2:52 AM, Resolute said:

exactly. as a general rule (usually), a man and a woman can't happily live together unless one of them is a pussy (or both of them). it's my observation that most guys in "successful relationships" are more or less pussies (diplomatic, "considerate", compromising, "patient", "understanding", forgiving, etc.). (i hope this doesn't offend too many people)

The modern western woman Is Indeed emasculating.

Well, no, a trigger warning doesn't necessarily make everything all cool. We still need to try to respect one another and not be inciteful. I state this without the intention of singling anyone out. Also, in the future, I ask that members be mindful using words such as rape in an off handed way. The idea behind the trigger warning for this thread is that the material posted may be triggering (the videos) for some; not as in everything goes. Let's start over here today with that in mind.

I don't think it's ever a good idea to try to change another person or change who you are within a relationship. I think in a healthy long term relationship, ideally one can truly and freely be themselves. There is safety and trust. Yes, there is some compromise and working with our partner, but not to change one another. I think certain people do bring out our inner qualities, but that's a positive thing. My H and I are opposites in many ways, but I think we complement one another in this. He has a quick temper that my gentleness tones down some. He is very adept at being direct and assertive...things that I struggle with. He's an extrovert. I'm an introvert. I have to laugh sometimes because he winds down playing war games on the internet while I am on this site trying to comfort people. We're very different people. It works for us. I do find I also have a need for friends who are more like me as well.

23 minutes ago, IrmaJean said:

Well, no, a trigger warning doesn't necessarily make everything all cool. We still need to try to respect one another and not be inciteful. I state this without the intention of singling anyone out. Also, in the future, I ask that members be mindful using words such as rape in an off handed way. The idea behind the trigger warning for this thread is that the material posted may be triggering (the videos) for some; not as in everything goes. Let's start over here today with that in mind.

I don't think it's ever a good idea to try to change another person or change who you are within a relationship. I think in a healthy long term relationship, ideally one can truly and freely be themselves. There is safety and trust. Yes, there is some compromise and working with our partner, but not to change one another. I think certain people do bring out our inner qualities, but that's a positive thing. My H and I are opposites in many ways, but I think we complement one another in this. He has a quick temper that my gentleness tones down some. He is very adept at being direct and assertive...things that I struggle with. He's an extrovert. I'm an introvert. I have to laugh sometimes because he winds down playing war games on the internet while I am on this site trying to comfort people. We're very different people. It works for us. I do find I also have a need for friends who are more like me as well.

My apologies. 10 years of denial. 

8 hours ago, RogerJay said:

You know, Small, I'm not really a huge fan of these 'trigger warnings' - even if they are very much in vogue nowadays.

BUT this was the remedy decided on by the moderators when I complained a while ago that some fairly abusive body-shaming material was being posted here. The idea was that censorship is wrong and that absolute (or near absolute) freedom of speech is king.

Okay.

So what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If some of my light-hearted jokey remarks are offensive to people who perceive (wrongly) that I am poking fun their issues, so be it. Why should I alone have to censor myself out of consideration to others? A trigger warning makes it all cool, right?

Sounds like a reasonable explanation to me. Hope you're doing good.

I got to see a female comedienne over the weekend. She did about 30 minutes and I thought she was going to get through the whole set without do a dick size joke but she snuck one in just at the last minute.

"So I just broke up with my boyfriend. I love the strange excuses they come up with for wanting to break up. He said "Our relationship just isn't productive anymore"

productive? I said if it's not productive it's because your supply isn't meeting my demand"

Now because of the way she worded it the "supply" could mean anything but we all know what the gist was. The audience was 90% guys and there was a collective groan when she told that one. The penis size jokes might go over in a mixed or mostly female audience. In a room full of guys... not so much.