at least, you can die knowing

this

and you will have

the only possible

victory.

Charles Bukowski

Interesting perspective.

Some of my own personal thoughts...

I agree that we're all human, but I also believe we all bring our own light to the world. We all count, we all matter. One life touches another, that spark and light stays with the person who has been touched and we then share this with others. I like to believe in universal connection as well, that this is something that goes beyond form of body and speaks more to spirit.

Just adding a bit of hope...

there are no strong men, there

are no beautiful women.

at least, you can die knowing

this

and you will have

the only possible

victory.

i may agree or disagree with the rest of this 'poem', but if i could truly convince myself to agree with the part that i highlighted, my life would suck significantly less.

Don't really know. People do things all the time; stupid things, friendly things, things out of anger, things out of fear, things with or without a purpose, meaningful things, meaningless things, joyful things, hurting things etc. etc., but let's just say you felt like doing it. It remains a thing that you did. Now let's take the fact that I put this poem on this thread. The poem itself doesn't represent anything other than written words, and of course the true meaning behind it by the original writer (that to this point remains a mystery to me so i'll forget that part for the ease of it).

Only reading the poem gives it a purpose for one's self. Spreading it gives it a purpose on itself. The poem becomes a goal and get's a meaning. What that meaning is, only I can say for I was the one putting the poem online. The meaning I wanted to give it could be anything, but it's totally unimportant. What's way more interesting is the reaction the poem creates. It could be three things. A person reacts to the purpose of the poem, a person reacts to the meaning given to the poem or a person reacts in a more random way, not exactly clear whether it's on either one of them. All three are reactions and all three have equal meanings.. good, bad or whatever.

But, let me stop the gibberish and make this very clear.

I like all those reactions, as they give me a voice. They prove my words go to ones ears, or in this case, to ones eyes. They make me feel like I myself have some sort of a meaning. And I want to thank you guys for that.

So, I don't really know what the meaning was for me putting it online (maybe the simplicity, maybe the complexity or maybe both), but hey, that's a meaning in itself don't you agree?