Mental Support Community

what is manliness?

Resolute

10 minutes ago, RogerJolly said:

It's a problem in the first place because you get an ageing population - i.e. more elderly people than young people, with not enough people working to pay the taxes for the elderly folks! Ultimately a population will then start to die out and disappear.

What usually happens is that governments will try to solve the problem through a policy of mass immigration - but this can create a whole new raft of problems along cultural/religious lines.

(A decent example of all this is what has been going on in Germany during the last several decades - and more recently.)

It almost seems tragicomic to me. Young people want to have a ton of sex, but without 'following through' in natural terms - thus without commitment, responsibility, family, etc. The consequences are slowly screwing us all, IMO.

There is no doubt the socioeconomic problems that result. Can't say I disagree with your thoughts or concerns. thanks

5 minutes ago, Resolute said:

i think it's the other way around. those are the things i crave the most because, to me, they are what defines manliness.

I understand what you are saying. I don't disagree with you as that is what defines manliness to you.

The problem for someone like me, who let's his insecurities drive the ship far too often, is that manliness is never attainable. I will always be the same height and will always have a smaller member, two things that affect my perception of if I am manly or not. I use to think being tough was a sign of manliness. So I became a fighter and pretty damn tough. But that didn't make me feel manlier. I still focus on on the other things I fall short in.  Another example is leadership/power/financial success. I use to think success would make me manlier, but the higher I climb, the more people I get to know who are more successful. So the end result is I don't feel any manlier now than when I started my career. I'm still the young man who is short and small. The only difference is I am a little better at dealing with my shortcomings without taking it out on those close to me. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
7 hours ago, IrmaJean said:

Hmm...I hope you're okay, Klingsor. Sending along my care.

Ugly, malformed, unemployed and worthless in every practical aspect of manhood...so status quo. Nothing wrong, just slowly rotting away and raving about it. Thank you Irmajean, hope you’re well and they are giving you some much earned time off at your job.