Mental Support Community

whining thread

Resolute

this shall be my whining place on the forum; that said, i don't wanna feel like an idiot going on and on by myself... so i invite everyone to participate, both those who see things my way and those who don't.

well, here goes...

the number of things that i'm against in this world is infinite, and the one i hold solely (or mostly i.e 99.9999%) responsible for all the bad in the world is god (for lack of a better word). i often wonder what possible gain or pleasure he gets from it all. it might be a power/ego thing, i don't know... either way, i'm pissed as hell at him, though i know there's not much i can do about it.

p.s. please spare me the "he works in mysterious ways", "he's wise", "he loves us all", etc., unless you can back it up with some sort of logical reasoning or proof.

take care everyone.

I wish I had some words of comfort buddy, but it does seem sometimes you fight and struggle and just when you think things are really looking up, life smacks you right back down again.

All we can do is fight the good fight. Don't fold meekly and quietly. Even if you know you're not going to persevere, swing with all you've got. We have to try, even if it seems like Heaven and Hell are conspiring together against us.

Guest ChinaDoll

Well said, retr0john.

Hello, resolute. My apologies for taking such a long time to say hi. Anxiety and all... maybe you know how it is. I'm sorry you have so much anger in the world. I do not know your story yet so I'm not sure where that stems from. But, I hope in some way, you find a reason to fight.

Hello also, retrojohn. I've seen you around but am not sure if I've ever talked to you so, hi. :)

hi china, thank you for responding, and no need to be sorry; i myself am taking my sweet time reading stuff that i've missed due to my absence, and trying to catchup. as to my story, more light will be shed on it in future posts.

john, beth, thanks as usual. my philosophy is different to yours john; i believe in quitting when i know i don't have a chance, saving myself more pain, time, effort, etc....

I read this and wondered if you believe the "god" you speak of is the only god? Would you be open to exploring another god and rejecting this one that is causing you so much pain, or not helping? Find one that is loving and does not cause pain and hurt? Some people believe in a universal spirit and we are each god.

I'm just wondering if the god that is responsible for all that is wrong and causes you pain, why don't you reject this god/belief?

And your belief that a person can come to an end of options...hmm...in certain situations this is true---the terminally ill. Maybe one can become terminally exhausted from not seeing positive change. Must be a challenge.

@ jass, you make a good point about being terminally exhausted and running out of options; it applies to me... i don't understand the concept of another god though; when i say god, i mean the creator of everything else, and whom no one created; the "unmoved mover" as aristotle puts it. the first cause of all cause and effect.

@ skynight, nice to see you again mate. sorry to hear things aren't going too well. and yes, i agree the world is indeed a very fucked up place.

why certainly endless, aside from all the pain and suffering that plagues the world and hurts me, and any decent human being, i'm mad at him for creating me without my consent, then leaving me to rot in this hell-hole of a world. even if he had given me the perfect existence (my ideal reality), i'd still maintain that he had wronged me for forcibly creating me. now imagine having the worst possible existence, and without your consent... my problems are way too many to list again (i've mentioned many of them in different threads and posts), but i guess what hurts the most is giving someone a very high consciousness and then sticking them with the most worthless body you can find. that just makes my blood boil.

Well said, retr0john.

Hello, resolute. My apologies for taking such a long time to say hi. Anxiety and all... maybe you know how it is. I'm sorry you have so much anger in the world. I do not know your story yet so I'm not sure where that stems from. But, I hope in some way, you find a reason to fight.

Hello also, retrojohn. I've seen you around but am not sure if I've ever talked to you so, hi. :)

Hi China Doll. I look forward to reading more posts from you.

Resolute we will be watching too see y u are down on yourself surly things cannot be that bad RetroJohn just a remainder were waiting for your catchup on your story

Laura, I will P.M. you and the rest of your group, I promise. A lots happened, it takes a while to sort it out into a readable form.

hi china, thank you for responding, and no need to be sorry; i myself am taking my sweet time reading stuff that i've missed due to my absence, and trying to catchup. as to my story, more light will be shed on it in future posts.

john, beth, thanks as usual. my philosophy is different to yours john; i believe in quitting when i know i don't have a chance, saving myself more pain, time, effort, etc....

Sorry man. If you need a friendly ear, I've been checking in more often these past couple weeks. Just talk, I'll at least listen even if I can't offer up any pearls of wisdom.

Do you think it's possible that God doesn't have control over all events? Maybe He gives life a start, but the rest may be chance or circumstance, or genetics? I hear your anger. Are there things in your life that you do feel you can change for the positive? Can you think of one thing you are grateful for?

@ beth, i'm afraid 'chance' and 'choice' are logical impossibilities as everything is cause and effect, so every cause no matter how big or small will have a consistently predetermined effect; every action has an equal and opposite reaction as newton put it. circumstances, genetics etc. (internal and external factors) are the causes, and the inevitable outcome is the effect. in other words, god doesn't have to interfere directly to control all these things, he just need set the proper cause(s) and watch everything unfold exactly as he wants it. consider if you will a science experiment, no matter how many times you repeat it, the outcome will always be the same, as long as all the conditions are the same.

"free will" is nothing more than the process of all these internal and external factors interacting with each other to form an outcome, and that outcome can never escape those factors, which means it will always be the same. a conclusion is always bound by (and follows) its propositions, making free will impossible, and merely an illusion (since the propositions are involuntary, the outcome cannot be voluntary).

and considering that i'm an all or nothing person as i've mentioned repeatedly before [sorry if this rubs some people the wrong way; it's just how i am, and i can't change that, nor do i wish to change it, as i see genuine contentment as a lack of pride and intelligence, and fake contentment as delusion (again, no offense to anyone)], means any positive changes mean nothing (not that there will be any). and the answer to your last question is no, there isn't anything for which i'm grateful; i am however grateful to you guys for giving a damn, so thank you all.

@ 4this, thanks for your support man; i really do appreciate everyone's input, even if i don't show it at times.

take care guys.

jass, for over three decades i believed god was everything good, but the evidence suggests the opposite; i.e he's everything bad and good (if in fact any good does exist), which i genuinely doubt), but he likes blaming us and the devil etc. for all the bad, which is ridiculous.

p.s., i was editing (adding) my post as you were posting yours.

Resolute,

I agree with everything you say in post 17. There is no such thing as coincidence or random chance. It's tempting to attribute bad things to chance, I'm guilty of it myself. But knowing why seems to be impossible. What is truly a mystery, and something I continually strive to find the answer, is why people are tortured by being forced to endure a life for which they're totally unsuited or at an extreme disadvantage. This would seem to be a case where the being's own nature cannot possibly be responsible for its lot in life. So it seems senseless and impossible to reconcile with what I said above.

it's possible to reconcile them by saying god is simply unjust. i have absolutely no doubt of god's injustice, at least in this lifetime.

i hope i didn't misunderstand your statement.

However, were I not consumed by my own particular problems, I would have never found this community and consequently never have met the kind of intellectually stimulating people that are completely absent from my daily life. There seems to be a certain synchronicity that brought many of us together beyond the commonality of the forum.

I'm sorry again for being rude and hateful to you many months ago. It was childish and pointless.

no need to apologize man; i deserved it.

Many of you may blame God for physical attributes you don't like. How we think and how God thinks would very likely be different. Someone for example born with a severe facial disfigurement, we humans, some of us if being honest may view that person as very unattractive, but God may see such a person as just a variation of his creation.

Imagine being capable of creating humans. All these things such as height, penis size, breast size etc..., many judge people on these things in a positive or negative viewpoint, but to God a small penis or a big penis is just a small penis or a big penis. Neither is considered better, just one is big and one is small. Humans make these crazy things up ( though perhaps evil spirits have an influence) and then blame God for creating them a way they're not happy with. Humans base themselves on what other people think and not what God thinks and that is part of problem. Partly because many humans don't believe in a God, so human validation is what they need.

what god thinks is irrelevant to us; god knows (or should know) that any attribute has the potential to either be a source of pain or pleasure (or both), and should therefor avoid creating anything that has any potential to cause any pain, suffering, misery, agony, and so on (if he's just, merciful, blah blah, that is).

personally i don't believe he has the right to create some people (like me, who would never consent to existing) even in ideal circumstances (pleasure etc.), but that's a matter for another time.

But it's not God who's causing pain and suffering, it's humans that are doing this and then they blame God. Humans need to take responsibility for their actions.

i'm currently a believer in strict determinism, which means no one -but god- is responsible for anything. i say god is responsible because causes have no choice except the first cause in the chain of causality, if even he has any free will or responsibility/accountability.

Edited by resolute