Mental Support Community

whining thread

Resolute

Wouldn't we all. People generally don't like to be corrected...in fact it's the one thing that will produce a consistent response across every ideological, political, social, geographic, and ethnic boundary. And not only merely tell someone that they're wrong, have the temerity to tell them *why* they're wrong. Then watch the metaphorical shit really hit the fan.

Just now, Pax said:

:sad_huggy:

I'm sorry man. What you said about dignity really rings a bell with me. You know, in every case of bullying that I've experienced and instances you see publicly, the goal is never to physically punish the victim as the end goal, but to destroy dignity. Even when you read stories of immense suffering such as mass starvation, prison camps, oppression...more than the physical suffering is the indignity brought upon the victims. Torture has the same goal, to break the will and self-respect. So I understand your misery. Dignity is a very precious thing, a vital thing. Even though your situation is terrible, I respect you for your intelligence and "resoluteness" and sense of right or wrong. In that sense, I think you're a dignified person.

In my situation, some of the people that bullied me in school, did it just to emanate an aura of power, negative leadership. These people usually have a lot of followers. 

I think that in he end they are just cowards.

3 hours ago, Pax said:

Wouldn't we all. People generally don't like to be corrected...in fact it's the one thing that will produce a consistent response across every ideological, political, social, geographic, and ethnic boundary. And not only merely tell someone that they're wrong, have the temerity to tell them *why* they're wrong. Then watch the metaphorical shit really hit the fan.

unfortunately, most people can't even comprehend the why even if we were to explain it to them all day long.

I'm sorry things are so hard right now, Resolute.  Evicted with no notice? That sucks. I hope you are able to find what you need to make the changes you want.

I would feel a tug at my heart whenever I had to physically care for my father much like he was an infant. I wanted to do that in a way that was as respectful as possible in order to protect his dignity. Our dignity is very important, I hear you.

Pax, interesting insights about bullying. I feel it's regrettable and sad when some others have little respect for human vulnerability and act in violent ways to expose it rather than to treat a person with care.

I'm glad you feel safe to express yourself here, Resolute. It can be a bridge to in person interactions or at least, I hope, a healthy outlet for you.

I hope your situation improves.

On 16/09/2015 at 2:10 AM, Resolute said:

this shall be my whining place on the forum; that said, i don't wanna feel like an idiot going on and on by myself... so i invite everyone to participate, both those who see things my way and those who don't.

well, here goes...

the number of things that i'm against in this world is infinite, and the one i hold solely (or mostly i.e 99.9999%) responsible for all the bad in the world is god (for lack of a better word). i often wonder what possible gain or pleasure he gets from it all. it might be a power/ego thing, i don't know... either way, i'm pissed as hell at him, though i know there's not much i can do about it.

p.s. please spare me the "he works in mysterious ways", "he's wise", "he loves us all", etc., unless you can back it up with some sort of logical reasoning or proof.

take care everyone.

The old Christian/Catholic/Jewish God really does act like an egotistical bastard doesn't he? But who do you think made him up? Man. Egotistical man, with agendas to push and the general public to keep in check. God is love...but if you piss him off, you'd better bend over and kiss your arse goodbye. If man made up his foibles, then it stands to reason that there's an alternative version we're not being told about. We believe that we're weak and at the mercy of this all powerful omnipotent destroyer of man who created said man, but not equally. But what if he didn't create man or for that matter the world or the universe? What if you made it? In the Bible it says Adam fell into a deep sleep but nowhere does it say he woke up. God created you, but you are not a body, you're spirit. You're non psychical being have a seemingly psychical experience. Ever think you could rule the world if you'd been created equal? Turns out, you die anyway. You've lived many lives over the years and unless you're willing to forgive your brother's, sisters and your father, you'll live many more. Maybe in your next lifetime your body will be perfect, you'll be admired by everyone and make all the seeming lesser than jealous as hell. But you'll still get old, you'll still get sick and you'll still get depressed and you'll still die. So why wait another 1000 lifetimes when you can forgive today? The amazing thing about forgiveness or 'releasing with love' is that it's a gift you give to yourself. When you love, you're loved. When you forgive, you're forgiven. You send a message to your unconscious mind that you're worthy of the forgiveness and love you're giving out. You're the most powerful thing in the universe, what you think you become. Think you're worthless....you feel worthless. There's no definitive proof of God unless you ask for it from your heart. Shaking your fist at the sky won't help, it'll just reinforce your belief that he isn't there for you. Sit quietly, and with love...ask. Ask for him to show how much he loves you. The Holy Spirit is sometimes called the eternal flame. Because even when all that's left is an ember, blow on it gently and the flame will reignite. You are your own saviour! When you're free of the Ego's universe of separation, you'll meet the God you've always wanted. Good luck, brother. I know it's not easy, we all go through the mill, some more than once. But you deserve happiness, we all do. I hope you find what you're looking for and find the peace that's been kept safe for you ☮

On 16/09/2015 at 2:10 AM, Resolute said:

On Thursday, September 01, 2016 at 9:29 PM, YeshuandMe said:

The old Christian/Catholic/Jewish God really does act like an egotistical bastard doesn't he? But who do you think made him up? Man. Egotistical man, with agendas to push and the general public to keep in check. God is love...but if you piss him off, you'd better bend over and kiss your arse goodbye.

my original post was made about a year ago, and i have since stopped believing in any sort of god.

If man made up his foibles, then it stands to reason that there's an alternative version we're not being told about. We believe that we're weak and at the mercy of this all powerful omnipotent destroyer of man who created said man, but not equally.

i'm a determinist, so i believe that we are at the mercy of circumstance (nature and nurture).

But what if he didn't create man or for that matter the world or the universe? What if you made it?

so called god might not have created anything, but that doesn't mean that i have. i officially declare that i have created nothing.

In the Bible it says Adam fell into a deep sleep but nowhere does it say he woke up. God created you, but you are not a body, you're spirit. You're non psychical being have a seemingly psychical experience.

i truly doubt that anyone can provide any evidence of any kind about anything metaphysical.

Ever think you could rule the world if you'd been created equal? Turns out, you die anyway.

i'm not sure what you mean by this.

You've lived many lives over the years and unless you're willing to forgive your brother's, sisters and your father, you'll live many more. Maybe in your next lifetime your body will be perfect, you'll be admired by everyone and make all the seeming lesser than jealous as hell. But you'll still get old, you'll still get sick and you'll still get depressed and you'll still die. So why wait another 1000 lifetimes when you can forgive today?

i don't buy into this reincarnation stuff either.

The amazing thing about forgiveness or 'releasing with love' is that it's a gift you give to yourself. When you love, you're loved. When you forgive, you're forgiven. You send a message to your unconscious mind that you're worthy of the forgiveness and love you're giving out.

i may be worthy of love, but i honestly don't feel like i need any forgiveness. i mean forgiveness for what?

You're the most powerful thing in the universe, what you think you become. Think you're worthless....you feel worthless.

i think this is called make-believe. if i believe i'm like superman, i'm not actually gonna be like superman.

There's no definitive proof of God unless you ask for it from your heart.

the "heart" is worthless to me. talk to me about logic.

Shaking your fist at the sky won't help, it'll just reinforce your belief that he isn't there for you. Sit quietly, and with love...ask. Ask for him to show how much he loves you.

i don't ask non-existing things for anything.

The Holy Spirit is sometimes called the eternal flame. Because even when all that's left is an ember, blow on it gently and the flame will reignite. You are your own saviour! When you're free of the Ego's universe of separation, you'll meet the God you've always wanted.

yes, the god of my delusions. the god that i have created, not vice versa.

Good luck, brother. I know it's not easy, we all go through the mill, some more than once. But you deserve happiness, we all do.

some more than others.

I hope you find what you're looking for and find the peace that's been kept safe for you ☮

thanks. i shall... very soon.

On Thursday, September 01, 2016 at 5:39 AM, Small said:

Sorry to hear about the eviction.

sorry small; i had somehow missed this post. thanks.

What's it like with your grandparents? Do you have your own space there? Do you get a bedroom or sofa? 

i'm currently at my parents' and will probably stay here till i leave the country. i didn't have any privacy at my grandparents' but i do (have some) here.

it's not really the most fun being here, but it could be worse. things are on track more or less, and if everything goes according to plan i should have a passport before november. and optimistically, i should be able to leave the country in november.

• 3 weeks later...

to whom it may concern....

well, my passport application was finally submitted to the embassy yesterday (after countless problems and delays), and chances of getting a passport (even if just one with limited validity) seem pretty good. if all goes well i should have it in hand in november, and be out of here in december (hopefully before xmas and all that).

i'm still at my parents, and tbh, it's not as bad as i thought it would be.

take care everyone.

Well, I am still recovering physically and mentally from an episode of psychosis that happened last year. It was traumatic. I do feel a lot better though, despite ongoing difficulties like lack of stamina and the need to rest often and stay grounded. I promised myself I would try to enjoy this Summer as much as possible and though there have been stresses, it has been so much better than last year.

Thanks for asking :)