Mental Support Community

whining thread

Resolute

1 hour ago, Victimorthecrime said:

I thought things had gotten a little better recently Res?  

they had. things were moving along relatively well up until about 11 days ago when they started getting worse again. as usual, my parents don't intend to honor their agreement (they had promised me a certain amount of money), and they also plan to kick me out. so i'm not exactly in a good place right now; seeing all that work and patience going down the drain, and probably my last opportunity to get out from under all this shit as well. i don't have much leverage and i'm almost out of moves. in other words, i'm probably screwed.

Hope you are over your cold.  I got over mine praise God.  

i still get soar throats and i hope it doesn't go beyond that.

Whoa that is heavy.  I hope your parents at least decide to be fair w you and honor the money agreement.  Is there any room for negotiation?  In other words if you do X will they do Y? 

I never understood why anyone would screw over a family member.  They are often the only people that will be there for you when the shit hits that fan.  Friends have a way of making themselves scarce.  Although I had a dear friend who died of cancer and I stood w him way more than his family ever did.  But that aside, I hope things somehow workout for you.  You have had a rough go of it for quite some time now.  

Whoa that is heavy.  I hope your parents at least decide to be fair w you and honor the money agreement.  Is there any room for negotiation?  In other words if you do X will they do Y? 

they don't honor anything. and they don't respond to reason either. they'll weasel out if they can. i'll try to apply as much pressure as i can but i don't have much leverage. we'll see how it goes.

I never understood why anyone would screw over a family member.  

clearly you haven't met my parents. in their so called minds, i'm the one who ruined their lives.

They are often the only people that will be there for you when the shit hits that fan.  Friends have a way of making themselves scarce.  Although I had a dear friend who died of cancer and I stood w him way more than his family ever did.  But that aside, I hope things somehow workout for you.  You have had a rough go of it for quite some time now.  

thanks bro.

I did see your post before you deleted. Is it possible that writing satirically is one way that you have learned to cope when something happens that brings up difficult feelings?

I'm sorry about the nightmares. :( I had a dream a few weeks ago that I was lying in bed and I was unable to get up...and then I saw an image of myself above the bed (in my dream)...dead. Lovely, eh?

It's okay to reach out for support when you need to, Pax. We are here. I hope you are sleeping peacefully tonight.

If the satire lightens your mood and eases your feelings of frustration, then why not?

I missed what you posted here before deletion. Maybe the point was to express it even if whatever it was/is didn’t get resolved by your expressions. 

@Resolute, I hope your situation improves.

@Victimorthecrime I am sorry about your friend. :-( That can be so difficult. I remember you mentioning him before. I will listen if you ever want to share more or talk about him. I would imagine he was comforted to have a friend by his side. Sometimes that is all we can do for one another, but it can mean a lot to know someone is standing by.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, TooOld4This said:

I'm still down over the U.S. election.  I just got back from doing some missionary work in Africa, and i thought it would lift my spirits.  it did, but only while i was there.  Once i got back, i was back to thinking about what a sticking pile of hate we Americans have created for ourselves.  

I still have some trouble with it too. I hear you. I think that we can each do our part to be loving and giving, though, and stand against anything hateful that we might witness. My plan of action is to be more aware and more involved than I have been in the past. It sounds as though you're already very involved. You want a kinder world and you are taking action to make that happen. Would it help to do something more specific in the US?

well then, these stoics sound like lunatics. from what i understand, they accept determinism yet still blame people for their own misery.

several of these stoics should be subjected to extreme torture (physical and mental) for a few years and then asked how happy/tranquil they feel knowing that this will be their life til the day they die.

1 hour ago, Pax said:

I don't know very much about stoicism, to be quite honest. :Dunno:

it's about always being happy/content and grateful, no matter what. you lose a limb, you should be grateful about it. you get aids, you should be happy about it. you become homeless, you should be thrilled about it. you get bullied your whole life (or for many years), you should be thankful. you get robbed, cheated, beaten, humiliated, you're a quadriplegic... no matter what, you must always be happy, grateful and love the universe (or so called god). for it is this attitude alone that will set you free. what a crock!

btw, i like your new pic/avatar. another classic!