Mental Support Community

whining thread

Resolute

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pax said:

Hope things go well, Resolute.

thanks man; you and me both.

1 hour ago, Pax said:

I pray every day to whatever entity will listen that the universe is fair in the end, and that every individual who has been privileged in life returns in the next one as a three legged dog with fleas and mange.

well, that wouldn't exactly be fair considering the absence of any actual volition, but ya, it's still better than nothing (less unfair than now).

1 hour ago, Pax said:

and just wish I could be emperor for a day. In the words of Carl Panzram - "I wish the entire human race had one neck and I had my hands around it".

personally, i'd say: "i wish all the privileged people had one testicle and i had a nutcracker". :D

I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged and upset. :(

:sad_huggy:

I hear that you feel like quitting school and that you don't think you are smart. Maybe your test results won't be as bad as you think? Even if they are, does that necessarily mean you will fail the course? Can you get extra help? I believe in your ability to do this. I support you, whatever you decide.

Intelligence can be complicated, I think. I am just awful at math, for instance, and I can struggle with performance tests, but I am strong in language and psychology and I think I have good emotional intelligence. I don't think it can be simply measured on any one level because there are so many different aspects of it. 

I share your concerns about our country. It's both disheartening and frightening. My plan is to continue to be myself, do what I can, put one foot forward at a time, and try to make a small positive difference. 

Sending care and encouragement to you, Pax.

• 2 weeks later...