Mental Support Community

My so called life

Small

Final Note on Batman Vs Superman lol. I'm not against a prep film for Justice League, but it shouldn't have been this one. Bats/Supes have the potential for a shit load of chemistry, with awesome implications on their character development. This could have been explored, nurtured, and created in any one of a dozen ways to make it dramatic, emotional and memorable.  Fucking wasted it. 

23 minutes ago, Small said:

Cool. I'll check out the highlights. England V Germany is never friendly LOL. It sounds promising though, hopefully an insight of things to come. I'm guessing Gomez is on form then right? He wasn't even on the squad for the world cup :wacko:

ya, never friendly lol. ya, it could be promising. at least there isn't much pressure/expectations on them to win any titles, which might allow them to surpass expectations.

ya, idk why he wasn't in the world cup. he did seem in form, yes. i like him too, but i never liked podolski much.

Nah I meant teams. Who do you reckon meet in the final? And who wins the cup? 

i think germany is the favorite to win the title. and of course you have the usual suspects: italy & spain (they're also known for their olives and olive oil lol). i doubt a team other than these three would win it. they say belgium is very much in form tho. holland is a disgrace, underperforming as usual :( (you know they didn't even qualify). but i think this will be a great euro, specially since they increased the number of participants from 16 to 24.

Omg I can't stand Holland. So fucking stoked they didn't qualify. I don't consider stumbling over the ball while it rolls clumsily into the net actual football. I'm not sold on Belgium. How are Spain playing recently? IDK about them for this tournament. Obviously I'm backing Germany to win it, but yeah, Italy could make the final too. Maybe Portugal? I'm hoping England get far but eh. Sort of given up on the home team. Good news on the 24 teams though!

portugal is usually a disappointment also (tho i can't describe how much i hate ronaldo, so it pleases me immensely when they mess up, which is often. real madrid beat barcelona on saturday in barcelona, which really sucked. and what made it worse is that ronaldo scored the winning goal. that lucky arrogant prick). i don't hate holland so much. i remember when they had a dream team in the late nineties, but still fumbled. england usually underperforms as well, but this time might be different. they have a whole new and young (tho inexperienced) squad. and can you believe that leicester will probably take the league cup this season? arsenal blew it unfortunately. this was their big chance with utd and the others out of the way.

btw, belgium lost to portugal in a recent friendly (2-0 i think).

6 hours ago, Small said:

I considered watching it on Netflix, but I don't like the main character much. The show is an extension of Breaking Bad, and if I remember correctly he was some two bit crooked lawyer with an annoyingly whiny voice. I suppose he must've turned a new page idk. 

It's a prequel of Breaking Bad, apparently. It caught my attention because Vince Gilligan is one of the writers and he wrote for The X-Files. You remember correctly about the main character, though I hadn't thought about his voice until you mentioned it. I don't think I actually like any of the characters in the show, but they are all well written and very interesting characters so I'm intrigued. Could be the author in me.

I haven’t been to the movies in around 3 years, but from what you've written, this movie sounds like a dud. I don't care for action films with no character development either. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update

So, thought I'd write up a quick update this morning. It's about 6.30am and I just had breakfast, haven't quite finished my tea though so I'll be sipping on the brown stuff for a while yet. It's pretty cold outside, and I'm trying to make sense of this to-do list I scribbled down yesterday evening. A bit strange.

Anyway, I use this thread to sort of air my thoughts, bounce them off the screen if you will. For those that bother to read it, it's just as boring as I insisted it would be, so not to be mean, but I told you so. 

About my health: I have seen some solid improvements here. My coordination is much better, I feel strong in body, and my cognition has improved too. My memory however, hasn't improved by much so far so which is disappointing. Long term memory is still vague and short term is meh :(

Work: Work is going alright. I'm coming to the end of a project I've been on for a while, and it's looking good. Later this year, I'll know if I've opened any doors for myself or if I'm pretty much a fail at my career. It's exhausting though, ya know, the grind of it all. I'd rather be in bed watching Netflix hehe.

Mood: I'm a depressed bunny. It's weird but I'm always glum & melancholic, sad and sometimes pissy. I suppose I'm just a miserable git eh? I don't *get* happiness. Feels like the illusory bias thingy Mr. Resolute was talking about, or maybe it's just us lot :( How's your boyfriend Ronaldo, Res?

That was all really. Don't have too much to talk about. How is everyone? Drop a comment if you like. 

I watch the world cup and euros. Don't really watch league football or international friendlies so don't feel bad if you're not into it mts. My real problem with it is that the matches are too long. As a teenager though, I was pretty amped up over Man United. 

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Small said:

Anyway, I use this thread to sort of air my thoughts, bounce them off the screen if you will. For those that bother to read it, it's just as boring as I insisted it would be, so not to be mean, but I told you so. 

well, at least you weren't lying. ;)

About my health: I have seen some solid improvements here. My coordination is much better, I feel strong in body, and my cognition has improved too. My memory however, hasn't improved by much so far so which is disappointing. Long term memory is still vague and short term is meh :(

that's good news! and believe me, you're better off with less memory. there's plenty of stuff i wish i didn't remember.

Mood: I'm a depressed bunny. It's weird but I'm always glum & melancholic, sad and sometimes pissy. I suppose I'm just a miserable git eh? I don't *get* happiness. Feels like the illusory bias thingy Mr. Resolute was talking about, or maybe it's just us lot :( 

not to be mean, but i told you so. :P

How's your boyfriend Ronaldo, Res?

"boyfriend"? well, he is my bitch, so....

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Small said:

I watch the world cup and euros. Don't really watch league football or international friendlies so don't feel bad if you're not into it mts. My real problem with it is that the matches are too long. As a teenager though, I was pretty amped up over Man United. 

well i'm glad you wised up. -_-

Good news about your health, Small. I hope things continue to improve for you.

Watched anything good on Netflix recently?

Have you always been melancholic or is this something new for you?

*American confusion*

In America we call your football soccer and football as we know it is a different sport. I am trying to determine which sport have you been watching?

Take care and it's good to hear from you.

(Klingsor, you found the new emoticon I added. Cool. B) I may add some more today.)

2 hours ago, IrmaJean said:

Have you always been melancholic or is this something new for you?

ya, i think it's his nature.

*American confusion*

In America we call your football soccer and football as we know it is a different sport. I am trying to determine which sport have you been watching?

we're talking about soccer. barsa finally had a good win last night.

(Klingsor, you found the new emoticon I added. Cool. B) I may add some more today.)

looking forward to it.

I ended up working yesterday so I didn’t have time to search for more emoticons, bummer. I will add more sometime soon, though.

11 hours ago, Klingsor said:

:sad_huggy:

:) Yeah, they work! I knew that, but it's always good for me to have small successes learning new computer skills.

So you've been watching soccer, I understand better now. Baseball is my favorite sport. It's how I bonded with my brother when I was growing up. Our trips to Fenway Park are some of my fondest childhood memories. 

Take care everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Rant: Just ignore me

So. It's past 5 am and I'm lying in bed wondering if I should get up or go back to sleep for a few hours. Some of you might know that I'm a depressive, and like many other days, the darkness has me consumed. The perpetual question is; what's the fucking point, when it all amounts to shit?

If it isn't bad enough that I'm choking with some generic, vague regret about nothing in particular but my life as a whole, on days like this I feel the pangs of stagnation and I know there's no such thing as tomorrow. My perspective is particularly shot because it has bitchfully painted every last memory in a melancholic grey, with no intention of anticipating a future past my head on the pillow or tea against my lips.

It's because mornings like these, that I never keep my telephone in my bedroom because I would call in to work and quit my slave labour, to liberate myself from any hope of paying rent and instead explore the endless depths of my despair in the hope to find some sort of reason for my own existence.

Then bringing my bare back to the tyranny of the modern way, a lashing or two would probably set me straight or break me completely, but anything is more just than this beauty pageant of lepers.

I ddon't hate my misery, in fact I'm addicted to it, like a crack-whore sniffing no frills glue because it's the only thing that reminds her of who she is. She's different. And she is not bound by the laws of society. Why then, despite the fire in my heart and the worm between my legs (It's more like a baby slug LOL), the shortness of height and the abundance of disappointment, am still expected to put on mask and continue in this charade of the blissful masses? It's fear isn't it? 

On a brighter note, I'm thinking of getting some teeth taken out. For a few years now, my wisdom teeth have been pushing against my molars which has caused my top left tooth (incisor?) to move out of place. I have a thing for nice teeth, and had a pretty perfect rack before this bullshit.

Spoke to the orthodontist and he's advised me to remove my wisdom teeth and then have braces to straighten them up again. So that's my Xmas present to myself I suppose. I have these long sexy canines (shut up lol) and he told me that without intervention, the pressure could cause other teeth to move out of place too.