Mental Support Community

My so called life

Small

Harry Potter is really the only fantasy movies I've watched just because I like the books. The only kinds of movies I regularly watch are biopics, westerns, and war movies. I hate comedies, romance, drama, action, horror, and hardcore sci-fi. Thrillers are ok, especially psychological/political thrillers or spy movies.

I watch more documentaries than anything.

omg! documentaries?! boring! and biopics are even more boring.

i hate war movies, a lot. i like comedies, action, sci-fi, and some drama and romance. i hate most horror and thrillers.

it seems we're total opposites when it comes to movies. maybe skynight's preferences are closer to mine lol.

I like old school horror, not the torture stuff. Life is torture enough.

I like comedies so long as there is not too much gross out stuff.

I like anything w T&A. What can I say? I'm immature.

I love documentaries so long as it is not something overly biased.

I like almost anything that is underground, independent, artsy, avant garde.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lol it genuinely filled me with a bit of pride when she said it. She came to visit me in the evening yesterday and we talked & watched Netflix for a few hours. Being a teenage girl, naturally she had a lot of "juicy gossip" about recent events in her class involving a girl that she hilariously titled a "beg". LOL! (Someone that seeks attention/pity/approval from others). I love that term.

We talked and laughed as she showed me the conversation taking place between her classmates on their whatsapp group. I'm proud of the way she handled herself in it. I'm not just saying this because we're family but she's absolutely beautiful, intelligent and hard working.

She does find it hard to keep her attitude in check sometimes and I find myself on the receiving end of some cleverly disguised insults when I call her out on it. It's okay though, I suppose she's going through a lot of changes and is still coming to terms with who she is.

But yeah, after our talk I drove her home and she told me I was cool before she got out of the car. Not sure if this is true but I imagine it takes a lot for a teenage girl to say that to a male family member? Maybe someone can enlighten me idk.

I'm at my parent's and she's made me a cup of tea just now so I'm gonna gooooo. :)

Do you even understand the gravitas of what you just posted? In particular your last sentence? How does someone that allegedly practiced law maintain such an unparalleled disregard to the subtlety of language and it's influence on shaping opinion? So I genuinely must ask you Mr. Old. Are you that stupid or "straight-up" rude?

A bully is someone that uses their relative strength to manipulate or intimidate another person. Incidentally, the girl my niece and I talked about was being bullied in the whatsapp conversation by her peers and had you paid the remotest attention to my mention of her handling herself well, you would know that she didn't get involved. It was subsequently completely within her right to talk about this girl behind closed doors where the conversation wouldn't have affected or hurt the "beg" one bit.

Or would you rather she was as fecile as you and morphed into a tactless brute to grind the girl's bones to make her bread? I would think that you'd at least acquaint yourself with some factuals before formulating an opinion & giving me advice, or are lawyers not that way inclined anymore?

If you're to take a moment and read the characteristics that I "bragged" about they had nothing to do with our little tete a tete. By that logic am I to say she's uglier, stupider and lazier on account of our conversation? Surely since they're unrelated they remain in tact and can still be spoken upon in fondness? I'd think a law professional would be able to distinguish between related & unrelated variables/events?

Maybe you needed clues to make connections? When I mentioned that my niece often disguised insults to me when pressed shows a characteristic inconsistent with that of a bully. By definition a bully picks on the relatively weak, but she stands up to her stronger, older & more accomplished Uncle regularly. Did this all go over your head whilst you were apishly writing out that ridiculous post? How dare a senile, pretentious and bigoted man tell me not to praise someone that I love?

Do you even know why you're here? Why we're here? In some form or another we're bullied and ostracised by a society, status quo, individual and even ourselves. Long term members concluded that only the strong survive in the cold bleak world and many of us lack this mental equanimity and resolve. Incidentally, my niece demonstrated these very resources in my post and if you weren't so ignorant to the workings of your own mind you'd know they are characteristics to be commended because they could very well be the difference between us & those that get on with their lives.

I will encourage, praise, reinforce and rewarded any bit of life and enthusiasm demonstrated by those that are my family and friends (those on this forum too). I'll stand by who I love and respect even when they're wrong because intimate bonds mean more to me than some socially constructed ethical malarkey.

" I wouldn't brag about her if I were you"

What a silly, unintelligent, self righteous, condescending, uninformed, insensitive, pretentious and downright retarded thing to say. "Straight-up".

By your definition you've been bullying my niece over your last two posts. Or do you have to be a girl for it to count? Why don't you go by the actual definition and detailed account that I stated in paragraph 2 of post 223? Or are you in the habit of making up your own ambiguous meanings supported by abstract analogies as you go along? Not very lawyer-esque of you now is it? Incase you can't tell my questions are rhetorical, because you're too small minded to discuss this accurately. On that note I'm done engaging you. You're very welcome to forgo the contribution towards any other discussion on this thread. I have a feeling it might go right over your head anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while so thought I'd take a moment to and put pen to paper. I just got home from my parents house after what started as a Christmas Eve sleepover ended in a week long vacation at their detached complex. My parents weren't actually around as they decided to go on a last minute holiday so I spent most of my time watching tv in their bedroom.

I've learnt to envy my father actually. He has all the movie channels open in his bedroom & his "walk in tub" is actually a mini jacuzzi from where I could watch TV by leaving the door open. I probably should have accepted his offer to live there for a while but I'd I suppose you can't put a price on freedom.

So I drive home and I'm already feeling claustrophobic. My place sucks lol. Was my flat always this small? I feel suffocated here, like a caged monkey and it sort of pisses me off because the UK government currently build little to no new houses to deliberately drive up house prices and keep current homeowners & banks happy. Rule Britannia eh?

On a slightly positive note my niece managed to convince me to give her a haircut. A slightly embarrassing hobby of mine for probably 10 years now, but I gave her all the layers & feathers her little heart could desire bodied in a side fringe and about 3 inches off the length. That had me reminiscing about the good old days when I used to do my ex girlfriend's hair. Doesn't time fly? Especially for a loser like me.

Work on Monday too, after two weeks of sleep, food and festivities. At the turn of December my friend convinced me to install a Christmas countdown app which to my dismay, displayed "365 days to go" come boxing day. I thought you know what, I'm keeping this app. It's currently on 357 days so not long to go. I'm that loserly.

This Christmas really wasn't that great though. We have a secret santa styled set up where each person buys a more expensive present/s for their pick whilst getting everyone else little things. I got a mini fridge and George Foreman grill for my brother but he managed to blow up the fridge by using his own power cable. I've since returned it, having to tell a white lie to qualify for the refund because they didn't have the stock to replace it. So I've ordered him a terminator endoskull because he's totes a fan of the franchise and will probs like it more anyway. I got some cool stuff too, best of which was a sex toy that I specifically asked for from my friend. Yeah. I suck.

At least my Boss will be happy to see me? I mean, he spends so much energy being a total prick that I'm convinced he does it to spare us of grief when he dies. How much more considerate can you get? Gah. I hope you're all well! I might have some good news tp share with everyone soon so hold tight.