Mental Support Community

My so called life

Small

sounds good overall. i just hope john isn't disappointed that you didn't mention cooking, baking or recipes lol.

I plan on trying his recipe next weekend actually if you're reading this John hold tight! I just hope I don't burn the flat down. I'm surprised you didn't have anything to say on the hairdressing stuff res. Lol. I was expecting a remark or two.

well, i held my tongue lol.

How unlike you? I take it you're not the new year's resolution (hehe) type so well done! I'm so proud I want to cry. Lol. I'll have you know though I'm like super duper manly and all that jazz. I'm so mean I make medicine sick. When I do press ups I'm not lifting myself up, I'm pushing the world down. The rug is comfy though, it's bear skin. Don't worry it isn't dead, just too afraid to move. And when I'm done working out and need to freshen up, I don't turn on the shower. I just stare at it until it cries. I travel a lot too. I've been to Mars, that's why there's no sign of life up there. On my way back a cop pulled me over asking questions. I let him off with a warning. Okay I think I'm done....Lol. Totally manly.

So as some of you may know I have Parkinsons disease for which I've been receiving treatment. I've stayed away from the traditional and dated NHS drugs, opting for an alternative regiment at a brain clinic that combine nutrition & modern medicine. I won't go into detail but they stand in opposition to the mainstream belief that neurons can't be replaced and centre their treatment around slowing down and reversing the effects of the debilitating illness.

In 3 of my most recent scans I've been showing a slow and steady increase in activity in particular parts of my brain. I've also been improving with my cognition and motor function which is actually my main concern, as well as a handful of other areas.

Anyway, so far there is a marked improvement but there's a long way to go yet. Thought I'd share that bit of news with you guys. I'm a pessimistic mofo and I really don't know what my future holds. I'm keeping my expectations modest despite the enthusiasm of my physicians because I really don't want to be set up for failure again. Have to keep things real right?

The treatment is also expensive and time consuming, not to mention mentally taxing because I have to face my demons everytime I have it. I hope I can keep them up though, but again, I'm not the most persistent person in the world. I'm lazy & cowardly, usually hiding from shit like this because I can't handle the pangs of anxiety.

Anyway yeah, hope I haven't jinxed myself.

Thanks for the well wishes Victim. I'm trying to stay realistic and cautious, curbing my expectations since I can't deal with being let down. My physicians are a little hot blooded and ambitious here, but at least they're enthusiastic about things. Anyway yeah, let's see what happens. I still have a long way to go and hope I have what it takes to see this through. I really really hope to continue to improve but life's a bitch :( You never know how things will work out.

I had a car accident today. Driving to the grocery store after work, my mind was elsewhere and I went into the back of someone :( Luckily it was more of a hard bump than a full on crash only damaging the woman's bumper plus some paint. Man that's going to cost me. Fucked up my own bumper too. She did sort of stop suddenly at the lights but it was still my fault.

I drive a Peugeot 306 pronounced ●Per-Jo (The j is pronunced like the "J" in the French word "Je" meaning "I". A sort of soft J). It's a black hatchback, small engine but good miles to the gallon. Not an expensive or desirable car really but if you want a small reliable car it's probably the best bet.

The woman was definitely annoyed and spoke sternly, never really cursed or raged but was being pissy nonetheless. She was mostly relieved I admitted responsibility because she stopped like a twat lol. I'm fine, my car is alright nothing major. At least the other driver wasn't a big black guy eh?