Mental Support Community

A completely different topic

gone

I've played a little game of brinksmanship with our companys new owners over this past week. I'm ready for a little lighter stress contemplation.

I enjoy cooking different things. Sometimes I'll cook an old recipe over the swinging hook fireplace in the kitchen.

Two of my favorite authors are Samuel Clemons and Charles Dickens. In my favorite Dickens story "A Christmas Carol" the story goes the kids go outside to hear "the pudding singing in the copper".

Does anyone have an old family recipe for an English Pudding they'd share? I've researched some and there seem to be different opinions as to whether this pudding Dickens was referring to was a figgy pudding. Some refer to a suet pudding they used to make.

In a few movies the pudding the Cratchets unwrap from cheesecloth looks like a 10" or so ball shape, and is always pictured dark or black. I don't know if this shape or color is accurate or not.

If I can find some information, I'm going to source the correct ingredients and do the cooking over the wood fire in the kitchen.

Anyone have any info they'd share on this?

No, no.....not just any pudding. I'm looking for an old, cooked pudding. Something that takes different stages and is wrapped in cheese cloth.

(I'm not at all a fan of Martha Stewart, but I do enjoy the hell out of Alton Brown.)

You have to use warm milk with that bath too! It keeps the collagen from collapsing and wrinkling your skin. :D

Things are ok with Sarah.

You have to use warm milk with that bath too! It keeps the collagen from collapsing and wrinkling your skin. :D

i have an idea for a tv show; "beauty time" with john [your last name here]. you gals can discuss not just beauty tips and skincare, but relationships, gossip, and recipes, such as this "cheese pudding" thing, with which you're so obsessed. ;)

:lol:

I'd be willing to discuss fair payment.....

Lets see....I work around sweaty large men that cuss and get mean now......and I could trade that for a job that surrounds me with pretty ladies and decent conversation? I don't think I could afford to pay the network that kind of money.......

:lol:

I'd be willing to discuss fair payment.....

Lets see....I work around sweaty large men that cuss and get mean now......and I could trade that for a job that surrounds me with pretty ladies and decent conversation? I don't think I could afford to pay the network that kind of money.......

i can set it up right now! i'll be director and producer. only i "screen" the guests, if you know what i mean. ;)B)

Yesterday wasn't a particularly 'up' day, was it? I don't know how the weather was where you live, but it was cold and rainy here.

Sarah and I took a long walk. It was just drizzling a little when we started, but it was raining pretty good as we hit the woods and were walking across our back yard. The sky was dark and dreary, the rain was bringing the last of the leaves down. Luckily I'd brought a large umbrella.

It was just a melancholy type of evening.

I started a small fire in the fireplace while Sarah made some soup and peanut butter sandwiches. I put some soft music on and pulled the loveseat up in front of the fire and we sat together in the dark and shared supper while we watched the fire. We finished and she turned around and just layed across me while I held her. It took about 60 seconds for her to fall asleep.

I just sat there and watched her sleep while I listened to the low music and the rain falling outside. I could faintly hear an occasional car on the wet pavement all the way up on the road.

She stirred about 45 minutes later. The fire was fading, so we got up, closed the house up and padded off to bed. We curled up in bed on our feather tick with an old quilt covering us up. It was cold and wet outside but great weather for touching and sleeping together.

I don't really know why I wrote this. The sun is shining and the temps better today. Guess I just needed to clear my head a little before I mulch some leaves.

Hope yawls day is going good.

Heck, the teasing or good natured ribbing doesn't bother me at all. It's just like being at work. If I'm not catching some good natured hell from someone I think they're mad at me.

Sometimes I just babble. I really don't write all that well, and usually I'm clear out in left field writing about something that's not that interesting or relevant to anyone here.

In the past I've wrote long posts with 6 or 7 paragraphs and then just hit the delete button when I'm done.

I should view my posts with a more critical eye and use that delete button more often.