Mental Support Community

No longer sure about my life...

ycaljo

I moved about 6 months ago to a new state, I'm now away from most of my family (mom, dad, extended relatives). I'm a single mother of two teenagers and they love where we are living now but I am so unhappy and it is causing me so much anxiety. I feel like I'm on the edge of a complete mental meltdown. I am so lonely and I work from home so I haven't met any people to build friendships with. I have noticed that I am becoming more and more isolated to the point I just don't want to leave the house. I don't want to even talk to people on the phone, I sort of just want to roll into a ball, lay down on my bed and never wake up. I don't have friends, I don't have a single hobby or anything I like to do. I just work during the day on my computer and sit on the couch in the evening. If this is all there is to life, I'm over it and I don't want to live it anymore. I'm not suicidal but if possible I would just like to sit in a chair staring at a wall until life is over. I just am done. I'm sure my kids would be sad if I wasn't here but they would grieve and then move on. There really isn't any purpose to my life so I feel like I'm just wasting space.

Hi laycee, and welcome to the community. I apologize for my late response. I'm sorry you're feeling so down. :(

Is this a new feeling for you or has it happened before? Would it help to get out and do something with your children?

I can imagine it must be very difficult to reach out when you are feeling so sad, but you did when you wrote here and expressed yourself. You are trying to take care of yourself and your needs and that is so important. We're here if you want to share more.

Sending care to you.

Edited by IrmaJean
wording