Mental Support Community

News this week : Im like Hitler!

Jessie

I wasn't addressing the determinism situation. My post was regarding Innate & Manufactured sexual behavior. As for liking/satisfying innate sexual desires, as frustrating as it may be, it's a far cry from manufacturing elaborate sexual constructs that are also difficult to satisfy as well as being baseless. 

It's healthier to accept your natural (innate and early conditioned) desires and experiencing frustration than disregreding or supressing those desires and manufacturing socially desirable ones. 

i wasn't talking about determinism (per se) either. just that we have no actual control over what our innate desires are, what our manufactured desires are, or whether or not they're addressed. we, unfortunates (when our desires, innate or manufactured, are not met) are screwed in all cases. e.g. an innately straight male who simply can't actualize that for some reason (such as ugliness, disability, really small penis, etc.).

another problem is when someone clearly has unnatural innate desires (e.g. a submissive male, cuckoldry, humiliation, bondage, masochism, etc.). such a person is also screwed no matter what.

Sexual desires are probably 100% determined or thereabouts. Most desires are, but it can be confusing as to what's natural and what isn't. I still assert that we have some level of choice in general behaviour thanks to the unconditionable egos. You don't agree and that's fine. Just my take on it.

30 minutes ago, Small said:

Sexual desires are probably 100% determined or thereabouts. Most desires are, but it can be confusing as to what's natural and what isn't. I still assert that we have some level of choice in general behaviour thanks to the unconditionable egos. You don't agree and that's fine. Just my take on it.

so you agree with me that we're screwed?

about the ego, it's ok to disagree but you know that saying that something is not preconditioned necessarily makes it exempt from cause and effect (so as to exist in some sort of bubble or vacuum), which is not only physically impossible, but logically as well.

I still haven't got the hang of this. Anyway welcome back Roger I hope you hang around for a while. No problem Klingsor, I don't like getting into these discussions myself since our views are generally so different. Hope the vindication has brought you some peace. And Resolute, hope my posts to you didn't come across as rude. I was speaking candidly and probably out of line. Idk.

Resolute. My belief in free will isn't the same as the average man on the street. I think it's very limited and having free will doesn't mean people assume complete responsibility for their situations. Some of us have it rough regardless. I do respect you a lot man. 

Victim, I suppose intelligence can play a role. I do understand my own psyche, and I can tell that my ego is unconditioned. It's weaker than the rest, but it gives me the ability to shuffle through my options and make rational decisions in the face of impulsive wants & needs. These options though, are generally preset or based on past decisions so they vary greatly between individuals. Where a stud may be weighing up his choice of brunette I might be weighing up my masterbatory menu.

Some people accept free will and others do not. We can argue endlessly but when I look deep within myself I see the ability to choose. I honestly thought that by substantiating that the ego is unconditioned because of it's relative weakness it would provide some scope for the basis of choice. I suppose though in some cases, philosophy outweighs esoteric psychology. I respect everyone's opinion but I'll be dammed if I neglect this mechanism simply because other people don't buy it.

6 hours ago, Klingcorn said:

It's personal and wouldn't mean anything to you or anyone else. I was vindicated over something that happened years ago. 

just because it's personal, doesn't mean it won't matter to us. heck, everything that happens to any of us is personal, but we're still happy for that person if it's good news. anyway, i'm glad about your vindication, klingcorn. that name still makes me laugh lol.

6 hours ago, Small said:

And Resolute, hope my posts to you didn't come across as rude. I was speaking candidly and probably out of line. Idk.

no, man, i don't mind. as you said, we were being candid, not disrespectful.

1 hour ago, Small said:

Some people accept free will and others do not. We can argue endlessly but when I look deep within myself I see the ability to choose. I honestly thought that by substantiating that the ego is unconditioned because of it's relative weakness it would provide some scope for the basis of choice. I suppose though in some cases, philosophy outweighs esoteric psychology. I respect everyone's opinion but I'll be dammed if I neglect this mechanism simply because other people don't buy it.

this, however, cuts me deeply :(.

10 hours ago, Klingcorn said:

I had some really good news today, better than I've had in 10 years

have either of you noticed that somewhat significant things are happening for the three of us (small, kling and myself) at around the same time (within months of each other)? i hope it all works out.

ya, dun dun dun lol.

btw, i don't think you answered this:

18 hours ago, Resolute said:

@Small, when i talked about being a sex god who does almost nothing but bang hotties, i was talking more along the lines of fantasy, like in an afterlife or some such. if i'm to apply my desires to this world realistically, i'd say that i'd still wanna be irresistible to women and sleep with many beauties, but not 24/7. it would take up a part (albeit a big one) of my life, not all of it. i'd still wanna pursue other things, and i'd have the motivation to do so.

will that kind of thinking also cause me to self-destruct if i suddenly became irresistible to women?