Mental Support Community

G-Rated article re: hooking up

The article lost me at "Your line of sight goes right over the shy guy standing with a few of his bros lingering by the wall," because if I did hit the club, I would be the shy guy wondering where that guy got the courage to just walk up to that girl and start a convo from. Also, what is it he said to her that's so funny? 

2 minutes ago, Terrorised said:

The article lost me at "Your line of sight goes right over the shy guy standing with a few of his bros lingering by the wall," because if I did hit the club, I would be the shy guy wondering where that guy got the courage to just walk up to that girl and start a convo from. Also, what is it he said to her that's so funny? 

he got the courage/confidence/cockiness from his good looks and attractive physical qualities, period. and trust me, she doesn't give a crap about what he says, how funny or smart he is, as long as he's good looking, and knows that he's good looking.

13 minutes ago, Resolute said:

he got the courage/confidence/cockiness from his good looks and attractive physical qualities, period. and trust me, she doesn't give a crap about what he says, how funny or smart he is, as long as he's good looking, and knows that he's good looking.

Yeah. I read the article again and it doesn't have anything to say about a mans mind. Just looks. Hot looks, and nothing but hot looks. 

What appealed to me about the article was it's honesty.  I would rather have the straight facts than another fluff piece about how a sense of humor matters.  
Remember the article is just talking about strictly sexual relationship and is not a reflection on long term relationships.  
The value I (and maybe just me lol)  got was that guys should not be afraid to let that side of themselves show a little bit more. Describing "that side" is the hard part. Words that come to mind: masculine, strong, competent, straightforward, grounded, worldly, untroubled. 
I get it that for some this might be a case of "yawn, what else is new" but for those of us raised under the "be good, be nice, be selfless, always think always of others" mantra this message resonates. 

13 minutes ago, Victimorthecrime said:

What appealed to me about the article was it's honesty.  I would rather have the straight facts than another fluff piece about how a sense of humor matters.  
Remember the article is just talking about strictly sexual relationship and is not a reflection on long term relationships.

actually ,vic, she does refer to so called long term relationships. she mentioned "keepers" (aka losers) and how they're suitable for relationships, while the hot guys are strictly for fun. i pity guys who get into actual "relationships" with such "women".

1 hour ago, IrmaJean said:

Have any of you who are seeking a relationship considered becoming friends with women first?

sorry, beth, i doubt many guys are seeking a relationship. i wanna say something slightly insensitive (but was sort of mentioned indirectly in the "slut guide" article above lol): the guys who seek so called relationships are usually (99% of the time) the ones who can't cut it as playboys, for one reason or another. otherwise, it's not really in a man's nature to wanna settle down with one woman.

I disagree with that, but that's okay. We can agree to disagree.

Could it be possible that some who don't want a relationship are afraid of intimacy and emotional vulnerability? I'm not suggesting that applies to anyone here. Everyone has different needs and I respect that.

I know what bothered me about the article now that I have thought about it. She speaks about men as if they are objects rather than human beings. 

Edited by IrmaJean
Adding

4 hours ago, IrmaJean said:

Have any of you who are seeking a relationship considered becoming friends with women first?

No. While you're busy being a friend and caring about her well being during the day, she's out getting banged by Mr Alpha during the night. Possibly all night. Once all the Alphas are done with her and she realises that she isn't getting any younger, only then will you be considered a potential partner. 

3 hours ago, IrmaJean said:

I disagree with that, but that's okay. We can agree to disagree.

Could it be possible that some who don't want a relationship are afraid of intimacy and emotional vulnerability? I'm not suggesting that applies to anyone here. Everyone has different needs and I respect that.

I know what bothered me about the article now that I have thought about it. She speaks about men as if they are objects rather than human beings. 

i've responded here:

2 minutes ago, Terrorised said:

No. While you're busy being a friend and caring about her well being during the day, she's out getting banged by Mr Alpha during the night. Possibly all night. Once all the Alphas are done with her and she realises that she isn't getting any younger, only then will you be considered a potential partner. 

this is almost exactly what i was gonna say when this point was raised in another thread not too long ago.

12 hours ago, IrmaJean said:

Just my 2 cents: I think the older you get the more this becomes possible. I can't see it working for too many folks in their 20s. Pride and passion are just too off the charts during that era. 

7 hours ago, Terrorised said:

Yeah, Roissey coined it the "cock carousel".  It hasn't helped relations between the sexes.  Neither has this thing nowadays where guys often get referred to as "creepy" and "stalker" just for asking a girl out. 

• 2 weeks later...

My views are perfectly reasonable.

Women are not as bad as people here make them out to be, I've dated quite a lot of women and had sex with some. Apart from that, sometimes I just had fun with them and enjoyed their company. Some I dated and never had sex with but still enjoyed the time I spent with them anyway.

But never had anything that has really lasted though.

Sex is not the be all and end all, at the end of the day an orgasm is only an orgasm and you can give yourself an orgasm if you want.

some of your racial views are hardly reasonable.

as to the topic at hand, i doubt that any of us are saying that women are bad per se. i disagree that "an orgasm is only an orgasm". all orgasms are not created equally. furthermore, the issue isn't strictly orgasms, but what mostly attracts women to men. needless to say, certain physical attributes in men account for about 90% of what sexually attracts women to men.