Mental Support Community

Donald Trump Painting with A Small Penis

ShameOnThem

I'm sure you've all seen it on the internet. I think I'm going to write an email to the artist about it, because I think it is really fucked up on many levels to associate bad men with small penises. I'm sick and tired of my body type being used to mock other people who are awful. They might be awful, but I'm not.

http://illmagore.com/ (NWS)

""Make America Great Again" was created to evoke a reaction from its audience, good or bad, about the significance we place on our physical selves. One should not feel emasculated by their penis size or vagina, as it does not define who you are. Your genitals do not define your gender, your power, or your status.

Simply put, you can be a massive prick, despite what is in your pants. "

Yeah, I appreciate that she doesn't personally feel like this shames men with small penises, but it really does. It really really does.

Anyways, what are your guys thoughts on this painting, how it has been received by others on the internet, and how it makes you feel? 

Thanks for your responses.

On 3/25/2016 at 7:47 PM, Klingcorn said:

Two other critical points about this whole comedy that also mysteriously escape comment here:

1. If penis size doesn't matter, if it truly is not important, why didn't Trump rebut, "My penis size has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my abilities to be President of the United States and does not define my masculinity." He had a global stage on which to set the record straight, but what did he do? His reaction says it all. 
  2. This insult/accusation of small penis was not made by Rosie O'Donnell. It was not made by Megyn Kelly. It was not made by an old girlfriend. In fact, I can't find any insulting reference to Trump's penis being made at all prior to this by any of the women he's quarreled with. His POLITICAL OPPONENT, a young, (by most accounts) virile Latin MAN made this insult. I would be tempted to laugh, but the fact that I've had to defend myself over this particular detail for nearly 2 years just makes me mad. 

1. I think it'd be very un-Trump to take the high road and do the right thing about penis size, his reaction says it all about him and the mockery that is modern politics, and I guess it confirms that penis size is truly important because we all care so much about it, not because it makes anyone less of a man or incapable of giving sexual pleasure. 

2. Definitely true that this is only a political insult that a man could do, because a woman saying the same thing would get eyebrows raised at her why she cares about his penis size. Now if an ex-partner were to come out and say that, that'd be different, but a guy can get away with this ribbing without it being sexual and just being about "abstract masculinity"

A few other thoughts

-My body also looks like the painting. I'm overweight, and my flaccid penis can be covered by fat. This is not the first time that my body has been used as way to mock someone who is worthy of mocking. The problem is the transitive nature of body shame. I'm not worthy of mocking, I'm not a way to make someone else seem ridiculous or pathetic.

-I get really upset when I see this picture described as "Trump with a micropenis" as it was on Buzzfeed, because my penis is not really that close to a micropenis, which is a medical distinction. Just because a penis is small when flaccid does not mean it's a micropenis, which is determined by erect length. Our societal haste to label the below average penis as a "micropenis", as demonstrated by the other click-bait article going around about a year ago "what it's like to date a guy with a micro penis", says a lot about our culture. They're really not the same thing, and implying they are is insulting to both those with below average sized penises and those with micropenises.

-The artist of this painting really does fuck this up talking about "no one should feel bad about their genitals" then drawing one of the most hated men in America with a small penis at it's smallest. I have purged myself as best as possible of misogyny, but I can understand why this evokes that reaction for some. If you just don't care about others, it makes the body shame understandable because you're just a shit person, but when you say you care about others and don't think that penis size = masculinity, then you go and paint something like this and talk about " you can be a massive prick, despite what is in your pants.", well it's much more maddening. Still, though, I don't like talking about violence against women or how this is somehow indicative of women in general, nobody deserves violence and this is not what most people are like.

-It really sucks that mocking terrorists about their penis size is seen as a valid tactic. Again, transitive property of body shame. If one of the Walton women is recorded ranting about starving Wal-mart employees and how they should all stop complaining about wages because yacht fuel prices have gone up, well, we wouldn't all chime in about how her vagina is a flapping dusty cavern and her boobs look like old balloons. All women with looser vaginas, who are older, and whose breasts are sagging are not worthy of our derision just because one woman who may not even posses those traits did something deplorable. But then again men's and women's body issues are completely different, so I guess this isn't a direct analogue.