Mental Support Community

hello i'm jazz

jazz

Hello all. Pleased to have found this forum. Just a little about me - I have had psychosis and depression over the last few years and somehow come out the other end. Really hoping that it's onwards and upwards from here on in.

Joined here because I am feeling a bit sad at the moment. Someone I thought of as a friend has let me down and it's pretty painful. Trying to rationalise it by wondering if losing a friend makes room for another one to come along - I hope so!

Hey Jazz. Yes friendship can be rather amorphous.  I lost one about a year and a half ago who I had known for many many years and to say I helped this guy out would be an understatement. All the sudden he just stopped ever committing to do anything and I heard nothing and said to myself 'to hell w it'. And that's it, ghost city. But I can't control what I can't control and as time has gone by I realize that I am better off w/o his drama, nonsense, negativity, and petty jealousies. 

I hope you'll find peace w your situation and yes it is very likely another door has opened.

Thanks for the kind words. @victimorthecrime, I know what you mean about helping someone out, that's what I thought I'd done with this 'friend', but it counted for nothing in the end. It's a bit difficult to move on, but maybe I'll look back and think what a lucky escape.

@resolute, I like your avatar, eyes of the tiger... 

9 minutes ago, jazz said:

@resolute, sorry to see that you are located in hell, I empathise, been there, done that.

thanks.

9 minutes ago, jazz said:

I may have inadvertently trodden on a minefield in another thread, apologies to any casualties.

you are the casualty ;). so apologies to you.

Jazz, I want to apologize if the recent forum activity has been distressful. We want you to feel welcome here. Is there anything I can do to help?

I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. :( That is always so painful for me. It's good that your heart is open to new friendships. I wish you well and hope to hear more from you.

Take care.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jazz said:

Earlier, my former friend did something completely unnecessary; a parting shot aimed at me. They really put the boot in. Ouch! I can't believe that I misjudged this person so completely.

i don't think that any of us can say that we haven't misjudged someone at one point or another.