Mental Support Community

Does It ever End?

robert

@robert I'm sorry you've had bad luck with dogs. It was kind of you to take in the turtles. What about an indoor cat? Or if you enjoy dogs, you could visit a shelter and volunteer to walk the dogs there. Walks with our dogs is good medicine for me. There is a nature connection, which always feels calming for me as well as the exercise and time spent with the pups. It's great for clearing my mind. I hope you feel better.

@lifelongvirgin I too hope that therapy is helpful to you. You are taking a proactive step to try to create positive change in your life. Best wishes to you.

4 hours ago, lifelongvirgin said:

I think most of us can relate to how robert feels to some degree. I don't remember how old robert is I think he's pretty young compared to myself (57). I've been dealing with this stuff a long time. It seems there not a whole lot to be done about it though. Therapy may or may not be helpful. It comes down to being able to change the way you think and changing your feelings by changing your thought patterns. Cognitive Behavior Therapy. I'm going to be seeing a psychologist soon to see if this even works. Like I said I've been having these bad thoughts for so long that I really can't see me being able to change them to a large degree but I'm willing to give it a try.

The trouble is even if I am able to change the way I think I still have to live in a world where a large portion of the female gender see a small penis as nothing more than a joke or a way to get revenge any perceived injustice.

hope everything works out for you bro! i'm rooting for you. btw i'm 27 i'll be 28 next month

44 minutes ago, IrmaJean said:

@robert I'm sorry you've had bad luck with dogs. It was kind of you to take in the turtles. What about an indoor cat? Or if you enjoy dogs, you could visit a shelter and volunteer to walk the dogs there. Walks with our dogs is good medicine for me. There is a nature connection, which always feels calming for me as well as the exercise and time spent with the pups. It's great for clearing my mind. I hope you feel better.

@lifelongvirgin I too hope that therapy is helpful to you. You are taking a proactive step to try to create positive change in your life. Best wishes to you.

i think for me maybe getting out a lot more would help, maybe try something new.