Mental Support Community

Miserable

Obsolete

Hey guys. Thanks for your responses but it's not that big of a deal. I was just feeling extremely lonely and frustrated when I wrote that. I don't have anybody to talk to about my frustrations so I keep it to myself till I feel like I'm going to explode. Especially the sps stuff. Just the thought that you can't do anything about the size kills me inside.  I've been trying to tackle a few  other things in my life to become a better person and I'm failing miserably. I don't know what to do  or where to start.

For this very reason I think I may actually seek professional help. There's a therapist not far from where I live. Set up shop very recently. I don't imagine it will help with my issues with sps but it may help with other things and perhaps even keep me calm. I don't know. I'm out of ideas. 

Lately even the music has been a source of frustration so not helpful at the moment. I shouldn't have written here. I'm sorry but thanks for replying. It means a lot.

It's okay to share struggles here, TBD. It's always great to hear positive news and we can celebrate this when it happens, but if you feel down, we are here to support you and listen during those times as well.

It sounds like you are being hard on yourself. I think it's great you are trying to work on things that could improve your life. I think that each small step can lead us on a path to positive change. It's good that you are taking action. All of us hit bumps...and we may fail at times, but I don't think that has to define us and the experience may even be something that propels us forward. I hope you will keep trying.

I hope therapy proves to be helpful if you do decide to go.

Take care.

• 2 months later...
On 07/06/2016 at 1:59 PM, TinyBlackDick said:

Hey guys. Thanks for your responses but it's not that big of a deal. I was just feeling extremely lonely and frustrated when I wrote that. I don't have anybody to talk to about my frustrations so I keep it to myself till I feel like I'm going to explode. Especially the sps stuff. Just the thought that you can't do anything about the size kills me inside.  I've been trying to tackle a few  other things in my life to become a better person and I'm failing miserably. I don't know what to do  or where to start.

For this very reason I think I may actually seek professional help. There's a therapist not far from where I live. Set up shop very recently. I don't imagine it will help with my issues with sps but it may help with other things and perhaps even keep me calm. I don't know. I'm out of ideas. 

Lately even the music has been a source of frustration so not helpful at the moment. I shouldn't have written here. I'm sorry but thanks for replying. It means a lot.

Can I suggest a book? Disappearance of The Universe. Totally changed my life. I'd even send you my own personal copy if I thought it'd help. Keep on keeping on, brother ☮