Mental Support Community

Kind of embarrassed to speak of this.

Obsolete

I won't go into detail but I got my stupid ass scammed out of R2000 ($144) on Friday. I feel like utter shit. How could I be so blind..?  Now that I look back there were red flags all over the damn place. Well it's gone now and I will never get it back. It is what it is. Enjoy your weekend. I'm going to attempt to drown my sorrows away. Cheers

12 minutes ago, Resolute said:

even tho it's hard for me to admit it, i've been swindled out of way more (in more than one currency) over the years. so don't be too embarrassed, $144 is nothing.

take care tbd.

I'm sorry you've had to deal with this bullshit mate. It was a girl in my case. She got me good.

What annoys me is that  I kept telling myself dont deposit any money until you see her again, don't deposit any money until you see her again, don't deposit any money until you see her again. Then what do I go and do...? I deposit the money before I see her again. Completely ignored myself. The more I think about it, the more I feel I deserved it. 

Just a few weeks ago, my bank card number was stolen even though I had the card on me. I still don't know how that happened, but I must have made a mistake somewhere. :/ 

Is there any way to possibly recover your money, especially if it was stolen? Have you thought about pressing charges? No need to answer my questions.

I'm sorry this happened, tbd. I hope things are okay for you otherwise.

4 hours ago, IrmaJean said:

Just a few weeks ago, my bank card number was stolen even though I had the card on me. I still don't know how that happened, but I must have made a mistake somewhere. :/ 

Is there any way to possibly recover your money, especially if it was stolen? Have you thought about pressing charges? No need to answer my questions.

I'm sorry this happened, tbd. I hope things are okay for you otherwise.

I'm honestly too messed up right now to think about pressing charges because that would mean having to expose my stupidity. I don't imagine there is any way to get the money back. It's gone. I hope you didn't suffer any serious damages IrmaJean.

Thanks Irma, 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...