Mental Support Community

Went for drinks tonight.

Obsolete

No I didn't get lucky but I did have some fun, short as it was.

A new friend of mine asked that I go out for drinks with him and his cousin. I agreed and met them at the pub. At first I felt intimidated especially when he said we had to get laid tonight. I was like fuck that shit, and immediately confessed to being a bitch and unable to speak to girls. They laughed it off and just continued talking nonsense.

We then started scouting for talent and my friend noticed a gorgeous blonde and called her over. She looked good and seemed easy going. I found her intimidating though. My friend on the other hand was on a roll, even got a kiss. The girl left and so did we, to another spot which turned out to be terrible so we went back to the first spot. 

When we arrived we were met by another cute blonde who had a friend with. She (the friend) was a bit on the chubby side. She seemed slightly shy. Obviously the cute blonde got most of the attention from my friend and his cousin. I kept my mouth shut because, you know, I'm not that great with the ladies. After a few minutes the blonde and my friend left (for a hookup. He didn't get lucky?shame!) I remained with the cousin and the chubby brunette. The cousin and I started a conversation and I noticed the friend wasn't joining in so i asked her a question which sparked a pretty interesting conversation between the two of us, leaving the cousin out but I don't think he cared much. A few minutes later my friend and the blonde returned and thats when the fun ended for me. I was loving the conversation with the chubby friend but my friend had to leave and I wasn't going to be the one to entertain two chicks ...so I left with them.

All in all, it was a fun night out. I haven't gone out with friends in a while so it was good to get out, even for a short while.

I don't know. Maybe he won't ask to go out again as I may have come across as the boring dude who doesn't want to do shit but whatever. I enjoyed myself tonight.

Cool. It's nice to have a good night out. Even when you're in a relationship with no intentions of going out on the pull, most nights out (at least for me) end miserably. Either wasted waking home eating a cold kebab or spent the night in shit company (or arrested for something or other lol)  It's a real treat when you come home from a night boozing with no regrets and happy flash backs lol.

5 hours ago, YahwehOrTheHighway said:

Cool. It's nice to have a good night out. Even when you're in a relationship with no intentions of going out on the pull, most nights out (at least for me) end miserably. Either wasted waking home eating a cold kebab or spent the night in shit company (or arrested for something or other lol)  It's a real treat when you come home from a night boozing with no regrets and happy flash backs lol.

Yeah I've been avoiding people forever. I had gotten used to being alone all the time so much so that getting ready to go out felt like a drag. I wasn't excited at all but I'm glad I did. 

26 minutes ago, Resolute said:

glad you had a good time, tbd. sorry you didn't nail the chubby chick tho.

i hope things are going well in general?

I'm all good Res. I'm actually enjoying life right now. I didn't go out in the hopes of getting laid anyway. It was just good to get out for once. 

I hope all is well with you too guy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you had a good night out. it's not always about getting laid. good conversation can be fun with someone who can express themselves. when we don't put pressure on ourselves, we can relax and just enjoy talking. I know for myself I can enjoy chatting with a girl when I don't think of her as a possible date - I can just be myself and let me personality come out. When I see a girl as a possible date, my inhibitions and lack of confidence become very evident.

So, good for you going out! a very positive thing!