Mental Support Community

Panick Attacks

movesinherownways

I have been having panick attacks every morning once I wake up or right before I go to sleep. Anything that involves a decision makes me panick and microanalyze anything I'm doing. I'm failing all my classes in college, I'm paranoid my bfs cheating on me, and that my parents will try and take me away from the place that makes me happy. My mom blames me when my friends move on or any drama that they start. She never takes my side she makes it like my anxiety and depression are my fault and medication is the only answer. I just want to run away and support myself, that's the only solution  that makes me feel like everything is okay. There are just so many decisions to make right now and I don't know how to bring myself to make any.

Hi Movesin,

I too suffer from anxiety and I can totally relate to some of the things you are going through. I am sorry you don't have any support at home. This must be difficult. What helps me when anxiety strikes me, is to take one step back and to prioritize things in my life. You said that you need to make many decisions now. Start with one that you feel is the most important one, the one that will affect your life the most and work towards resolving it. One decision at the time. I hope this helps a bit. 

• 4 years later...

This is very normal for I think a lot of us. I had the same feeling even when I had to walk up to my teacher; my legs would literally shake every time. You just need to calm down with so much going around you. All those circumstances are taking a toll on your mental health and you really need to block out all that negativity for now. I have had success with this technique to block out the negativity and stay calm in tough situations; you too can give this a try!