Mental Support Community

My depression is affecting my relationship

Beevee

Hi I'm 19 years old and I am suffering from anxiety/depression and possibly suffering from bipolar disorder...

a lot has been going on with my family and the weight of the whole world has been on my shoulders. I have been everyone's shoulder to lean on and I have been having to pretend to be strong...long story short, my depression and anxiety has been affecting my boyfriend and is starting to make tension between us. I don't know how to fix this because there are days where I am happy and everything is fine and then one moment I start over thinking about problems to where it's effecting me at work and I start dozing off and can't concentrate and I'm starting to lash out at my boyfriend and then I start feeling like I'm angry or sad... lately I haven't even had the appetite i used to have....I don't know what to do. 

I don't know what kind of help I can afford so that's why I am on here..I don't know who else to talk to because my boyfriend is tired of me talking about the same problems I'm going through over and over again...if someone could give me some advice on how to make things better or advice on how to cope with this that would be great...thank you 

• 6 months later...

Hey, I realise that this was posted a while back, was just wondering how things are now? 

I had a similar experience with my gf and my depression/moods were being directed towards her. But I realised it was me that needed to change, and that wasn't easy, because I'd become accustomed to her taking the flack when I was hurting. Sometimes finding a sympathetic ear who can listen and not give you bad advice can be really nice. Also I found meditation unbelievably helpful. 5-10 even 15 minutes in the morning of gathering my thoughts and taking a big breath of relaxation really helped me to be in the best mood for the day. I hope you're doing ok now.