Mental Support Community

im new and scared....help!!

sandyh86

Hi M :)

I'm sure if you google 'Cognitive Behavioural Therapy' you'll find links that have enough of the info that is in the books, so that you don't need the books. You do have to work the exercises though, I dragged my heels filling in the TEA forms at first. But it's WELL worth the effort, and you can do it all by yourself.

Here's a thought you can start on, from your last post: :P

I see myself as being very weak when it comes to doing things to help myself.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Endlessnight I am sorry I went awol for a few weeks right when you asked about CBT and TEA forms. I think you have received pretty good answers already but let me know if you have more questions? There are all sorts of CBT resources that are really good and I learned the TEA form exercise in the CBT book called Been there, Done that? Do This! by Sam Obitz. It's a short, simple book that's very encouraging and if you can't find it at your local library you can order on-line through the website wwwtao3.com Take care and sorry for my absence.

• 4 weeks later...
Right now I spend about 15-minutes a day on them and whenever situations that arise a little extra but I hope lower the amount of time in the future as I get better at them and they become more normal way of thinking for me. How long does that usually take?

Everyone is different so go at your own pace. It took me awhile to get down to just five minutes a day but I still have days I need to spend longer and that's okay too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cynthia your posts have been very helpful to me:D

Luna I like your posts too as well as so many others on here it's such a great group of supportive helpful people on this site:D

On other subjects I never heard back from you endlessnight? I hope you are okay and would love to hear back from you:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ASchwartz

Spring is wonderful. It brings with it the renewal of life. Everything is growing, the birds are singing, grass is growing and beautiful flowers are emerging. The air smells sweet and there is light and life all around.

Allan:)

• 1 month later...
Spring is wonderful. It brings with it the renewal of life. Everything is growing, the birds are singing, grass is growing and beautiful flowers are emerging. The air smells sweet and there is light and life all around.

Well said Allan. How is your life going? I sincerely hope you are doing great:D

• 1 month later...

So very true Allan. I do enjoy Fall but spring is like a re-birth!

• 1 month later...