Mental Support Community

Is this pocd

Ak0067

I got a groinal tingling then erection to someone kissing a baby i checked the groinal then thought im a pedophile. Prior to this my sexual drive was low as i had a lot of anxiety for the past year and half not sure. I had a lot of thoughts but i dont enjoy the erections or feel as anxious as i dis before which makes me think i am a pedophile for having low sex drive unless if i think of something and erections happen less. But the groinals and thoughts told i am one or repressing sexual feelings for children. Im not sure. I would not live happy if i am one not sure how i would life. I have been scared to be around or did not want to touch a kid to prevent any possible sexual feelings not sure

Welcome to the community, Ak0067. I'm sorry you're feeling distressed about this. Are these kinds of thoughts new to you or have you had a pattern of ongoing, intrusive thoughts in the past? Could the anxiety you have been feeling be in this? Maybe try not to assign too much meaning to this one occurrence, if you can. What activities help free your mind? How are things in your life otherwise?

I hope today feels calmer for you. Take care.

• 4 months later...

The hard-on is a curious thing, it can happen at the most unusual times leading us to think that we're attracted to things that we're not. It's not like you can help it, you're not in control of it. You just have to look at the erection as an extension (no pun intended) of an unwanted thought. The penis is not a verification of how you feel in reality, it's as unimportant as the thought that preceded it.