Mental Support Community

I don't know what to do anymore.

gobey

what do you do when noone cares and people don't ask you how you've been in weeks or months? what do you do when there is no point anymore and you can't be happy anymore? Where do you go when you've got nowhere to run to and all the people around you don't really let you be who you are because they arn't as strange as you and seem to judge you? What do you do when you've lost those you care about the most and you know you're going to hurt someone because you don't love him anymore but he loves you.

Where do you go when all you know is everytime you try it fails and nothing good ever lasts?

Where are the people as strange as me? Where are the people who will let me be myself and embrace that side of me?

I've tried CBT therapy and that dose absolutly nothing at all. Most of the free therapy around my area is CBT based. I don't know where to turn to for help.

I am so close to jumping off the edge of a cliff. Please help me.

(please understand, I am not in danger at this second but I have been considering ending everything for the last 2 weeks which is why I post this here and not in urgent.)

Hello goby. I'm here and listening. I hear your sadness and discouragement. I'm sorry for your pain. :icon_cry: :sad_huggy: I hope expressing yourself here helps some.

I hope you won't judge yourself. Are you able to embrace all parts of you? It's okay to shine as the person you are.

Maybe it helps to breathe through one moment at a time? Is there anything that feels nurturing to you? You're hurting and need gentle care now.

Would your doctor have any recommendations about who you might reach out to for help? Are there any crisis care centers available where you live? 

I hope you feel better. Sending you light and love.

15 hours ago, jazz said:

Hi gobey, sorry you have no one to listen to you and that CBT doesn't seem to have helped. I don't know what's available near you, but are there any mental health focused social groups you could try? It may be that you would find a group more accepting.

I tried group therapy once, it didn't go anywhere. I wish it were that easy to find friends but I never seem to be able to meet other people like me. I bump into them now and again but never manage to make friends.

Group therapy doesn't suit everyone. I was thinking more of casual social groups, but it is not easy I know, great friends are like gold dust.

Do you think you have fallen out of love because of the depression? Or is it more than that? Try not to worry too much, sometimes if we explain the situation to someone who loves us there may be heartache, but it is also possible to transition into friendship as well, this person may be able to understand more than you think?

Just now, jazz said:

Group therapy doesn't suit everyone. I was thinking more of casual social groups, but it is not easy I know, great friends are like gold dust.

Do you think you have fallen out of love because of the depression? Or is it more than that? Try not to worry too much, sometimes if we explain the situation to someone who loves us there may be heartache, but it is also possible to transition into friendship as well, this person may be able to understand more than you think?

What sort of groups were you thinking?

It's more. He's not very good at emotional support and his personailty is different now.

We shall see.

• 2 weeks later...