Mental Support Community

Passing Time

Obsolete

On 2017-5-1 at 4:08 PM, YahwehOrTheHighway said:

Me too TBD. Just watched an amazing film from the 80's that totally went under the radar for me, it's a Stallone called Cobra. You've probably seen it, but if not it's well worth a watch, it's about as stereotypical 80's as you can get. I love Miami Vice too, best box set I ever bought :) I listen to a lot of hardcore punk too so anything from the early 80's takes priority but it was the the BEST era for pop music too, Duran Duran being a front runner. Manhunter is also an amazing film, it was the first interpretation of Red Dragon but done by Michael Mann who did Miami Vice so it's got some unreal visual nostalgia going on. The neon pinks and baby blues. Can't beat pastel suits and loafers without socks haha. From what I can gather the 80's was miserable time in Britain for most working class families, but it looked great in movies and TV. ☮

I saw the trailer to the movie cobra while messing about on youtube. Haven't gotten to watch it yet but does seem pretty cool. I'm actually trying to get that 80's feel to my music. South Africa was still under apartheid in the 80's so wasn't a pleasant time time to be around. I missed much of that anyway (born in 87' apartheid ended in 91'.) I believe the obsession stems from the few good memories of my childhood watching 80's movies. I loved JCVD. Wanted to be like him. I turned out to be a loser instead.

@Small  Good question, I've umm'd and arrr'd over that myself recently. My favourite Rocky story is probably Serra winning the TUF comebacks and knocking out GSP, gives me goosebumps. But all time fighter has to be Bas, the man is just plain vicious, total fucking monster. Currently tho I'm not sure. Conor is exiting to watch, no question and he did pump life back into the UFC (maybe too much life). But I'm really enjoying watching the shit involving team beta male atm. I hope TJ knocks Cody the fuck out just to wipe that stupid look off Faber's face lol. I don't really like any of em tbh, but I like Cruz and wanna see him get the belt back. But if I'm honest, I've got high hopes for the amazing return of CM Punk XD

I haven't been following the team stuff, is it a reality show like TUF? The last TUF I watched was with Uriah Hall & Kelvin Gastelum etc. Cruz handled defeat like a boss, so he's alright in my book. Anyway, CM Punk! I watched his interview after Gall's UFC debut & by this time Punk had been training over a year. He had the audacity to say "I don't plan on getting hit". Can you believe that guy?  And his body language. Wow. That man is all sorts of cool shit but he is NO fighter. I'd pick Gall's debut opponent to beat him & he's a cameraman! Still though, I want to see him fight again. It's so amusing.Go Punk! ?

McGregor is a cool dude in my book. He's untested at LW so I want to see more of him. I'd pick against him vs Ferguson & Khabib though. 

@Small This is the first TUF I've watched in a while. I watched them religiously at one point but stopped a few back, think the last one I watched before this was the Conor one. TJ and Uriah need to seriously kiss and make up, they're like teenage girls fighting over a One Direction poster. They were one beer away from a teary hug and a spoon session. Belfort said he'd be interested in a CM Punk fight to end his career, yeh and the poor fuckers life lol wtf. I was well and truly gutted when Ferguson Khabib fell through, they lost out on half a million each, what a kick in the teeth for everyone, this weight cut bs seems worse than ever atm and they're popping left right and centre for sted bs too. That Gastelum weed pop was bollocks, who the fuck cares if he's smoking pot? They'll be done for tainted paracetamol next. I think it's had it's day I reckon, I mean, what was the Goldberg crap, he was an institution ffs. Who's next, Bruce Buffer? Crazy, but Bellator is looking better and better as an organisation and that's got WWE written all over it. When Bonnar came out to unvail some guy in a mask that fucked Tito over, totally fucked XD 

I don't know why lol but I love seeing Weidman getting his ass beat. He's so much more likable after a knee to the head. Goldberg was UFC royalty, and now I have to listen to Cruz clashing with Rogan :( Punk is literally the worst guy in his division Idk how they're going to find him an opponent? At least Lesnar was fighting at championship level & gave a good account of himself. I honestly think if marketed right, they could sell Punk vs Jackson as a comain on a ppv. I'm most impressed with Jon Jones though, reminds me of Bruce Irwin in Tekken. If he puts his head down I think we have a legitimate p4p king. 

I'm currently watching hockey. That's my jam at the moment. My main thing I do for fun is watching hockey and football(American football). But I also am into fantasy football and hockey on top of it. I'm trying to get into doing something on the side to go along with my job but can't think of anything at the moment. Was thinking about cutting boards, like wood ones, butcher blocks and such. 

@Griz Do you listen to Bill Burr? He's one of my favourite comedians atm, his Monday morning podcast is spot on. Only gripe I have is he's ALWAYS talking about American football lol, I have absolutely no reference point to it tbh, and sometimes he spends a whole hour taking about it ?. 

@Small Lesnar was legit (his physique today not so much lol) but again with the fucking steds. Can't argue with a guy who can beat Mir into mincemeat, God that was satisfying to watch. The fact people dismiss him a real champ after beating some of the best guys in the division at the time is crazy. Couture could probably beat half the guys in both divisions today. And that Carwin fight was one of my favorites at the time, most people fucking hated him but I had a soft spot for him from watching the wrestling. But you're right CM Punk isn't in the same book let alone on the same page. I'd be insulted as a trained fighter if I got matched up with him. He should go fight in Bellator against that soccer mom who got her head kicked in. And as for Jones, that fight with DC is the only thing I'm genuinely looking forward to atm. But I can't get my hopes up again, so many awesome match ups have pulled at the last minute. It's a constant concern watching MMA these days lol. 

27 minutes ago, YahwehOrTheHighway said:

@Griz Do you listen to Bill Burr? He's one of my favourite comedians atm, his Monday morning podcast is spot on. Only gripe I have is he's ALWAYS talking about American football lol, I have absolutely no reference point to it tbh, and sometimes he spends a whole hour taking about it ?. 

I love Bill Burr!! I'll have to check out his podcast!! I'm behind on all my podcasts. And I don't have that many at the moment. And if there's football in there, I'll love it even more. The guy is absolutely hilarious. Thank you for this!! ?

@YahwehOrTheHighway

Have you seen Death Warrant with Van Damme? Robbie Lawler reminds me of  "the sandman" in that film. He's a scary dude. Can you imagine the nightmares Rory McDonald still has of him? Imagine after one of Rory's rounds the bell dings & Robbie be like - "You can't kill me Burke, I'm the Sandman". ?

Looks like he's fighting Cerrone on the UFC 213 card.

@Pax Yep, that's legit. I'm gonna use it all the time. I've never heard it either from what I can recall. Smaller guys make the best comedians anyway I reckon, all that genuine self hate is funnier than any confident jock talking about getting laid. There's nothing funnier than a guy who truly understands misery lol. Jim Jeffries being one such dude. His 'girl waving her little finger at him' story is hilarious. 

8 hours ago, Resolute said:

watching and practicing? even watching football (soccer)? if so, then probably yes lol; except maybe klingsor.

I don't enjoy anything about sports. My little brother and father are great soccer fans but I don't get it. For the longest time ever I'm didn't even understand what being off side meant.

6 hours ago, Pax said:

P.S. I coined an insult several years ago that I used to great effect once and almost got my ass beat over: "Why don't you do your wife a favor and go fuck yourself." Feel free to substitute sister/mother/gf/brother/dog/horse etc. for wife as appropriate. To my knowledge I've never heard that used by anyone else, I bequeath it now to you tbd with my blessing. .

Hahaha....?? I like it... worth getting an ass whooping for.

2 hours ago, Small said:

I watched death warrant this evening. I might work my way through a few Van Damme films if I can get a hold of them. 

Double impact is my favourite JCVD movie. Haven't seen it in a while. I watched Lion heart a month back. Great movie too but it's one that I had all but forgotten about.

3 hours ago, Pax said:

Sports is just another visceral reminder of how I don't measure up...failed youth, failed manhood. I'm not denigrating people who do, that's just me. It would be different had I been able to compete normally with other boys.  I'm not interested in debating it, that's just me. 

I hear ya. I actually did play sports, was decent and good at most I played. But even I got ridiculed many a time for my height. I'm 5'7, and played basketball. So I get what you are saying ??