Mental Support Community

Ways to make money online using your sexuality?

Powerhouse8000

It's ironic that it's International Men's Day today!

(I have heard some feminists and leftists decry International Men's Day as being similar to having an International White People's Day because it reflects their belief system that men, white people, heterosexuals, etc are inherently privileged over women, non-whites, LGBT, etc and therefore do not need or deserve recognition because the world apparently reflects the needs of the supposedly privileged groups every day anyway - a childishly simplistic worldview if there ever was one...)

Anyway, I do think that "male bashing" is probably worse in America than it is in the UK or elsewhere. But it certainly does exist here as well.

All of the points you have made are valid, but that's not really why I have these hang ups over being male. Certainly, the expectations of being a white heterosexual male adult can be stressful to live up to. But even those are not the real reason why I'm pissed off.

I've been single for about 3 months now. Since I left my last proper relationship, I've dated and so on but none of it has worked out.

My ex that I dated for a year, I got on great with. We had everything in common and she was great company most of the time.

But there was no sexual attraction from me to her. All the sexual desire, sexual attraction, was from her to me.

Seems strange doesn't it? For all the sexually frustrated feelings that I have, I had a woman who was totally attracted to me and yet I didn't want sex with her at all and was quite disgusted by the idea. I really want a woman who wants me, yet I reject women based upon them being too fat, ugly or whatever.

I feel bad about having normal male sexual desires. I feel bad about having to masturbate, when some women don't. In fact, I even feel bad about the fact that male behaviour is different from typical female behaviour. How or why women think they even need or want men, I don't know. All guys are just losers who masturbate, so why would any woman want anything to do with them?

I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore. Someone just put me out of my misery now.

And one more thing - Victim you say that my job is a good job. How is landscaping a good job? Compared to being in an industry that will earn you lots of money?

Using a pounds to dollars conversion chart, I worked out that I take home (after taxes, pensions and all that extra stuff) a total of the equivalent of $1638 every month. Do you think that is an actual good wage? I don't think it's great. Or maybe my life is just expensive.

2 hours ago, Powerhouse8000 said:

And one more thing - Victim you say that my job is a good job. How is landscaping a good job?

Landscaping is not a good job in my opinion BUT when you said it was for the local government I said that offers security and solid benefits and that hopefully you could move to better position ultimately.  So that tipped the scales in my mind.  

Okay thanks.

I have been feeling quite depressed this week. Don't know whether my feelings of low mood would actually qualify as clinical depression, but I do seem to get fairly regular bad moods.

My plans for next year include the following - manage my money better and don't waste money on unnecessary stuff, continue with eating a healthy diet and do so more consistently, and also become physically active in some kind of sporting activity whether that be going to the gym, swimming, or some other physical activity. I do feel that I do have the basis for having a good body because I am tall with a muscular build and not bad looking but if I just lost a little weight that could do great things for my attractiveness to women.

Does that sound like an idea worth pursuing?

@Powerhouse8000 why were you with her if you were not attracted to her? I was in a relationship like that. We were 18 when it started. I was very attracted to her at first, but at 18 i got a boner for anything with two legs and a vagina. By age 25, i HAD TO think of someone else to get hard for her. It was over a couple years later. Buti got so much from that relationship, it crushed me to leave her. But it was the right thing to do, and i was better off for it. I'm still a tornado of issues, but at least now i have a wife i think is totally hot. Though we do make each other crazy (in a bad way).

9 hours ago, Lodz said:

My wife diagnoses aspergers as part of her job. It's not specific to any gender, color or ethnic group.

I agree with this statement. My eldest brother has a more severe form of autism. Here in the US, they don't diagnose Asperger's any longer, but rather different levels of autism. I have one daughter who has been diagnosed and another daughter who is suspected of having autism. I feel there may be a strong genetic link, though I'm sure many other factors are at play. 

17 hours ago, Lodz said:

@Powerhouse8000 why were you with her if you were not attracted to her? I was in a relationship like that. We were 18 when it started. I was very attracted to her at first, but at 18 i got a boner for anything with two legs and a vagina. By age 25, i HAD TO think of someone else to get hard for her. It was over a couple years later. Buti got so much from that relationship, it crushed me to leave her. But it was the right thing to do, and i was better off for it. I'm still a tornado of issues, but at least now i have a wife i think is totally hot. Though we do make each other crazy (in a bad way).

I was with her because I got on with her.

You see ... I am interested in things that the average woman is not going to be remotely interested in. Like certain types of music, TV shows, hobbies etc. I also don't drink alcohol, don't have a huge social life outside work and family, and have quite an eccentric personality. To top that off, I'm always broke and I don't have a good job.

So a lot of women will not be compatible with me. Yet she was. But I didn't fancy her or find her attractive, just enjoyed her company. I feel sorry about the way it ended but we should never have been anymore more than just friends.

23 minutes ago, Powerhouse8000 said:

I was with her because I got on with her.

You see ... I am interested in things that the average woman is not going to be remotely interested in. Like certain types of music, TV shows, hobbies etc. I also don't drink alcohol, don't have a huge social life outside work and family, and have quite an eccentric personality. To top that off, I'm always broke and I don't have a good job.

So a lot of women will not be compatible with me. Yet she was. But I didn't fancy her or find her attractive, just enjoyed her company. I feel sorry about the way it ended but we should never have been anymore more than just friends.

@Powerhouse8000 it happens. Sometimes we really enjoy another's company but there are no "fireworks" or attraction. It's a shame you couldn't maintain a level of friendship with her because it sounds like you guys hit it off well.

My wife and I were friends first and then it developed into a relationship later. I honestly felt like "one of the girls" with her because she would discuss the guys she was dating and any good or bad things going on in her relationship. I actually wanted more the entire time but I was in the "friend zone" with her so that was not possible. once she finally dumped the well endowed loser she had dated for several years I had my chance.

I said all of that just to make you aware that friendships can develop into relationships. My wife did not see me as dating material when we were friends but over time she finally had a change of heart and i'd like to think that it was our initial friendship that kindled the flame.

38 minutes ago, Lodz said:

"Aspergers" isn't a thing any more.

This is why I find psychiatry alarming. They just make up this huge list of psychiatric illnesses and there is no test for them, no demonstrable physical evidence like w regular medical illness. They can't cure anything either.  Google it you'll see what I mean. It's the medicalization of everyday life. 

It's just my opinion. I respect other views. But it comes from many years working in Behavioral Health, albeit non-clinical.  

31 minutes ago, Victimorthecrime said:

This is why I find psychiatry alarming. They just make up this huge list of psychiatric illnesses and there is no test for them, no demonstrable physical evidence like w regular medical illness.

I don't find it as alarming as intriguing. Regular medicine isn't much better, to be honest, although its made some advancements in the past 20 years. The brain is extremely complex and is still not well understood and we are currently with the brain where we were with general medicine 100 years ago.

I find psychiatry fascinating but it's extremely frustrating to me that antidepressants seem to be the "go to" answer for all psychological issues. I remember when I was working night shift and couldn't sleep well I went to the doctor and he wanted to put me on Zoloft. He said my sleeplessness was due to depression. I politely disagreed and never filled the prescription.

My wife has depression and they have her on about 8 different pills. They really aren't even sure why they work and they "toyed" with the dosages and the types until she was "normalized". I hate this but it seems to be the best they can do. Maybe in 100 years we'll have a better grip on psychological issues but unless we devote the time and money to it like regular medicine that may not ever be the case.