Mental Support Community

A Big Step for Me Today

6 minutes ago, PDXsUnHungAndUnsungHero said:

It did it went really well. Shooting hoops in front of 30 people makes it a lot more interesting. It's like I have an audience or something. I mean they weren't directly watching me, but it's a small park...But it's a half mile there, then I make 20 free throws, and a half mile back. I'm going to do it every day the weather permits :)

Time to call this girl...wish me luck everyone!

Good luck.

12 minutes ago, PDXsUnHungAndUnsungHero said:

Bella I don't even know what they were talking about or what they meant. I don't know that they were trying to make generalizations, I was confused, that's why I didn't say anything.

It’s OK, because I am not entertaining any such comments. Well, they replied onto my post when they could have keep scrolling. It’s disrespectful for someone who doesn’t know me or what I stand for to try to insinuate that they could convince me to do something that I am against. 

Just now, BellaMeilan said:

It’s OK, because I am not entertaining any such comments. Well, they replied onto my post when they could have keep scrolling. It’s disrespectful for someone who doesn’t know me or what I stand for to try to insinuate that they could convince me to do something that I am against. 

I'm sorry Bella, I don't know why people are rude to you on here. I think it might be that because you're a girl and they just don't trust girls? Or maybe (this is probably more likely) they were just trying to be funny and failed miserably.

Just now, PDXsUnHungAndUnsungHero said:

I'm sorry Bella, I don't know why people are rude to you on here. I think it might be that because you're a girl and they just don't trust girls? Or maybe (this is probably more likely) they were just trying to be funny and failed miserably.

You don’t have to apologize for them. I can hold my own. If they don’t “trust girls” that is their issue not mine. For someone who got upset and sensitive at a comment that I made that wasn’t intended in that way, it is interested that the same person wants to flatter themselves to think they could make me sleep with them on a third date. The nerve. Trust me, I don’t come here for drama but I won’t be disrespected either.

3 minutes ago, PDXsUnHungAndUnsungHero said:

Yes, an EPIC Fail Would be more accurate. 

It actually kind of pisses me off if they were really trying to be rude to you. Like, come on people do you know how hard it is to get girls on this forum that are willing to share their thoughts? Especially kind and considerate girls who themselves have loved ones or significant others affected by SPS? Like, you really want to scare them off or piss them off with snide little comments? I mean for the most part the community has been pretty friendly and supportive, there hasn't been a lot of this shit and I hope this is the last I see for a good while. The health of this community depends on people being nice to one another. We can't fucking address this SPS shit if we're not all on the same wavelength of positivity and openness and knowing that no matter what your gender or what you've said in the past, knowing you're not going to be attacked (or is the term "flamed"?) Come on guys.

Thank you @PDXsUnHungAndUnsungHero. I am secure in who I am so it doesn’t bother me. I have no such desire to entertain any man that tries to bully or intimidate a woman. I’ve had an unproductive discussion with one of the commenters before, that person will not be named because I don’t choose to entertain them or give them any more shine. But, I am not interested in engaging that person any further and we can do exist in these threads, but as far as any interaction, I don’t wish to have any. I also wish this person would stay away from viewing my profile. It’s obvious that they don’t like me or have something  personal against me. I just don’t care that much. Once I figure out how to block that person, I will.

For this to be a community who wants acceptance, it is not acceptable for certain members to talk to certain people in the way that they do. 

To make a comment about someone’s ability to sleep with someone else is disgusting and immature when you don’t know that person. But, I won’t be bullied.

22 minutes ago, PDXsUnHungAndUnsungHero said:

It actually kind of pisses me off if they were really trying to be rude to you. Like, come on people do you know how hard it is to get girls on this forum that are willing to share their thoughts? Especially kind and considerate girls who themselves have loved ones or significant others affected by SPS? Like, you really want to scare them off or piss them off with snide little comments? I mean for the most part the community has been pretty friendly and supportive, there hasn't been a lot of this shit and I hope this is the last I see for a good while. The health of this community depends on people being nice to one another. We can't fucking address this SPS shit if we're not all on the same wavelength of positivity and openness and knowing that no matter what your gender or what you've said in the past, knowing you're not going to be attacked (or is the term "flamed"?) Come on guys.

You’re right and I don’t understand the mindset. This is the second time with the same person. I wish they would not interact with me, stop viewing my profile as they did about 5-6 hours ago and please leave me alone. If someone wants to be miserable, they won’t be doing it with me or on my time.

4 minutes ago, BellaMeilan said:

I wish they would not interact with me, stop viewing my profile as they did about 5-6 hours ago and please leave me alone.

Creepy af

5 minutes ago, BellaMeilan said:

If someone wants to be miserable, they won’t be doing it with me or on my time.

See that's what I think is going on. Some guys (like me) come on here to hear positive things and feel better about themselves and have hope for the future. But other guys come on here to hear negative things and feel worst about themselves and are looking to people to share their view that they are fucked and that there's nothing they can do. I don't know if that's the case with him but it's a good possibility.

3 minutes ago, PDXsUnHungAndUnsungHero said:

Creepy af

See that's what I think is going on. Some guys (like me) come on here to hear positive things and feel better about themselves and have hope for the future. But other guys come on here to hear negative things and feel worst about themselves and are looking to people to share their view that they are fucked and that there's nothing they can do. I don't know if that's the case with him but it's a good possibility.

I have the best of intentions and I’ve come here for a desire to learn and grow. So many people have been so nice to me and helped me understand this issue. My intentions are pure but no one should take kindness for weakness and think they can just attack me. Like, I hate that people experience this but it’s not OK to lash out at other people. I have not interacted with this person in weeks because of the first interaction, so I’d like the same respect. But, they’re blocked so I should have no further issues.

I just wanted to clarify something. I have a sense of humor and can take a tasteful joke here and there. But, the point was I made a stance on something that I believed in and was specifically speaking to @PDXsUnHungAndUnsungHero who I often speak to regularly. Therefore, for someone that I do not personally know feel that it was appropriate to “joke” about this subject, which in essence questions my character and my beliefs I did not find to be funny. 

I only blocked one person, but I said “they’re blocked” meaning the one person because I didn’t want to single the person out. Even in the midst of being offended, I didn’t find it necessary to tag the person or specifically say the person’s name. 

The background is, I have had an unproductive exchange with this person before and I felt that they were rude and condescending to me. We can agree to disagree and that’s fine. I have also read how they’ve responded to someone else.

It seems like a double standard here. If I say something unintentionally offensive or a “joke” I would immediately apologize. But, we have to learn what is appropriate and what is not and I personally think this “joke” was in bad taste.

Enough of the double standards. Would it be OK for me to “joke” about SPS or make a personal attack on someone else. No, so all I said was I expect that in return. People don’t have to like it, but they will respect me.

8 minutes ago, BellaMeilan said:

I guess, but I’m not everyone else. I think for you all having a similar issue that would probably be acceptable amongst the men, but if I came in here insulting people about this, I don’t think it would be well received.

Hi Bella. I don't agree with personal insults at all and am not excusing that, but just feel that I have to mention a couple of things. The first is that you did comment about when the person you blocked viewed your profile, even though you didn't tag or mention them by name.

The second is that even though I have not followed all your posts, I noticed early on that you suggested at one point that those who had sps on the forum may want to 'man up'.  It is such a sensitive subject. What I am trying to say is that people make mistakes.

2 minutes ago, jazz said:

Hi Bella. I don't agree with personal insults at all and am not excusing that, but just feel that I have to mention a couple of things. The first is that you did comment about when the person you blocked viewed your profile, even though you didn't tag or mention them by name.

The second is that even though I have not followed all your posts, I noticed early on that you suggested at one point that those who had sps on the forum may want to 'man up'.  It is such a sensitive subject. What I am trying to say is that people make mistakes.

Thank you for bringing that up about the man up comment. If you even further read the comment, I didn’t mean that as an insult. I specifically apologized to anyone who was offended by the comment as I was expressing my frustrations on MY issue and I made a general statement concerning ME. The comment about SPS members manning up was not intended I was talking about my situation. I’ve already apologized nor will I continue to defend that point. It’s moot.

Second, I am new here so I didn’t realize that someone else could see who views my profile and I was speaking to someone that I always talk to so if people were nosey and decided to go view who that person was that is their problem not mine.

Bottom line is we are not children when though some like to act like children so it’s ok to go tit for tat. It would help if you knew all of the facts before responding because this particular person has been rude and condescending to others not just me.

people are here to learn and discuss their experiences not be questioned on their character. This is apples and oranges. This person replied onto me and said they bet they could sleep with me. Inappropriate no matter how you spin in.

@BellaMeilan

The question I posed was indelicately phrased I guess (was going for some levity), but it's an honest question that references old discussions on this board. I just wanted your thoughts since so few women give us any lengthy attention (except IrmaJean) It seems once again I'm embroiled in SPS forum controversy, and I'm forced to conclude my communication skills are ineffective.