Mental Support Community

New age bionic plaque

Daveuk

In the disgusting and dangerous city that I live much too close to police broke up massive parties over the weekend hundreds of people at various a Air BnB spots. No one wearing masks, young people partying. So the problems are everywhere. I don’t see any way out of this thing in the near term anyway.  

On 7/28/2020 at 5:31 AM, Victimorthecrime said:

In the disgusting and dangerous city that I live much too close to police broke up massive parties over the weekend hundreds of people at various a Air BnB spots. No one wearing masks, young people partying. So the problems are everywhere. I don’t see any way out of this thing in the near term anyway.  

Don't get too excited.  Dampening the curves is all masks and distancing and business shutdowns can do.  The virus, whatever it is, has to spread.  Vaccine is not likely to be effective for a cold virus!  It will hit and miss like the flu vaccines with who knows what side effects now that the vaccine manufacturers can't be sued!

It is very suspicious, by the way, that Democrat governors are seeing to it that doctors and pharmacies in many states are prohibited from using the anti-viral drug hydroxychloroquine which under Fauci himself was approved for use against Corona Sars1 15 years ago!  COVID is corona sars2!  Never before have here been such regulations against off label use of a drug by doctors and pharmacies which has been in use for many DECADES!  Clearly just anti-Trump hysteria.

Hydroxychloroquine has been used successfully for decades against viruses.  The potential side effects are well known and knowledgeable doctors know how to prescribe it.  Yeah, it could be dangerous to use with someone on their deathbed--it's alleged to work in the early stages of infections.  The mechanism of the drug that prevents and fights viral  infection is to force zinc into cells.  I'm old.  If I wasn't isolating, I'd try to get the drug.  As it is, I just make sure, with supplements I'm getting the minimum daily requirement of zinc and other vitamins.

It is really disturbing that from WHO on down the medical Establishment is accepting and/or promoting the culling of old people.

On 7/27/2020 at 8:51 PM, Klingsor said:

Beards and Big Dicks. You gotta have those if you want to get Respect™️ as a man in East Texas. Strength! Virility! Become the Alpha Male You Always Were but Never Knew — Move To Texas! Where everything’s bigger 😏

Remember "beards" are a "front", a way for less than perfectly masculine guys to look more masculine.  Some real "baby faces" are exposed when long time beards are shaved!  Dainty emostions show less when a face hides behind a beard.

Asians aren't concerned about "saving face" for nothing!  I was surprised when I had an Asian boss for awhile (got along fine), how often he would explicitly discuss "face."  Not trying to create a stereotype. . .  just reporting my experience.

I do fine with a cloth mask for up to 10 hours at work. My biggest struggle is with my vision. I find myself taking off the glasses because I can't access my bifocals, but then because I'm so near sighted, I can't see 5 feet in front of me. 🙄 Sometimes I need 2 masks for busy days or if I'm in and out of the cooler, but I'm fortunate that they don't bother me at all. I feel as though I'm at least trying to prevent the spread as best as I can. The company goes back and forth on policy to enforce or not enforce (one customer told me that we "were all a bunch of $#&#&$ sheep" 😑 and then ripped the mask off and stormed out). We're definitely in unchartered territory. The best we can do is try to protect one another through these difficult times.

@Klingsor - 

The move higher is being driven by technology stocks like “service now” that have nothing to do with economic growth but rather increasing efficiencies and cutting costs. 

With interest rates so low there’s no place else for investors to put their money.

The stock market is a discounting mechanism. Investors are looking six months down the road past our current troubles to a time of certainty and stability.

”You can’t fight the FED”. The federal reserve is expanding its balance sheet and buying assets at an unprecedented rate.

The move higher creates the move higher as FOMO takes over - Fear of missing out.

@Klingsor - just fun speculation here but remember the S&P hit an all time high back in March too, just before the big COVID collapse. Some conspiracy theorists believe that market movers manipulate stocks higher a short time before a big drop. They make money on the way up, they make money on the way down by holding short positions.  

Even more fundamentally, the world is a marketing firm. That’s what social media is. A vast global PR competition. Who gives a shit whether it’s real or not. How does it look? How does it feeeeeeel?? You are either Izack Stern or Oscar Schindler in this world. It’s really no more complicated than that. 

To be clear, I don’t think jobs as we know them will mean very much in 5 years. I may be wrong, but it is my belief that civilizational apogee has been reached. I think the pandemic is the catalyst for a historic paradigm shift of comparable scope to the Industrial Revolution. Of course I have no evidence that this will occur (how can you prove something that hasn’t happened yet?), but I stand by this claim.

• 5 weeks later...