Mental Support Community

New age bionic plaque

Daveuk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Daveuk I heard that on the radio.  I take it ‘bonfire night’ is a traditional night for gathering?  I can’t imagine the economic toll even if it is the right thing to do.  

Here is my question: is is this thing ever going to end? What if November 2021 we are having the same conversation?  At a certain point, say April 2022 will virus fatigue set in and we all just collectively say “back to work and back to life. If you are worried about Coronavirus then continue to quarantine, wear a mask, wear a face shield over the mask and whatever other precautions you deem necessary but the restrictions are over”.  Note: I am not proposing this, just wondering what will happen short of a miracle vaccine.  

Covid numbers are way up where I am in the US and it has me worried. I am feeling sluggish today and that’s not helping my anxiety.  

I have one friend that I see on weekends and here is the problem: he rides public transportation (train & bus) nearly everyday. Many riders do not wear masks and are quite talkative. I am worried he might catch it and give it to me.  Not sure what to do.  

Yeah, it is worrying. We are in this second lockdown but with schools, universities and places like garden centres open.

Re. your friend, try and meet him for a walk outside? Unless it is really too cold - does he wear a mask on the train and bus?

What are you thinking about the election situation?

@geronimo yes my friend wears a mask and is aware and concerned about the virus. He does his best to avoid other passengers but there is only so much one can do in that regard while on a bus.  

i texted w him tonight and he feels fine so that is good. Also I took my temperature and it is normal.  So those 2 things are reassuring.  

On 11/6/2020 at 2:36 PM, geronimo said:

What are you thinking about the election situation?

I decided to delete my commentary. Most Americans have had enough of this bullshit. So I’ll turn it around @geronimo...what does the UK and the Continent think about the election? I always find it strange that other countries are interested in our domestic politics (Trump’s term notwithstanding).

4 hours ago, Klingpeach said:

I decided to delete my commentary. Most Americans have had enough of this bullshit. So I’ll turn it around @geronimo...what does the UK and the Continent think about the election? I always find it strange that other countries are interested in our domestic politics (Trump’s term notwithstanding).

It has been a top story on the news here for days, with numerous reporters dotted around the US.

The media is fascinated, we hear a lot about what goes on over the pond, all the twists and turns.

I read your other post, the gist seemed you don't think things will improve. 

Unfortunately I do not, I anticipate things getting worse. Hopefully it’s just my natural pessimism. Discussing politics now among fellow Americans can be extremely divisive, so I probably should just be prudent and not mention it. As I said earlier, the political drama is always a consequence of cultural wind changes, never a cause; therefore, it only holds interest to me insofar as it can act as a social barometer. And as usual I have nothing better to do except come here and jabber. Everything I do ends up being a complete failure and/or clusterf***.

And it also has relevance to this thread because I think we’re going to see widespread lockdowns returning with the new administration.

I think I’m going to try and stay off the internet except when I need to research something and instead focus that time on my art projects. See where they go before I get frustrated and destroy everything. 

For better or worse we have a new president, so as an American I will support him if he sincerely has the country’s best interests at heart. I think that’s all I can reasonably say about it. I hope the new year will bring some normalcy back to the entire world with regard to Covid, employment, anxiety, etc. 

Take care.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone been vaccinated yet?  From what I have read (from legit medical sources) there is a new strain, a variant, a mutation that is more transmissible than the original.  I hope that’s wrong. I have a hunch this thing ain’t over. But then again I am wrong about a lot of things so maybe it’s good that I feel that way.